Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(Im trying to start my h22 but it wont turn over. I swapped in a jdm h22 for a h23 and everything is connected, starter works and motor tries to start but wont turn over. the motor came from a shop that steam cleans their engines and when i took off the dizzy some water came out.
could it be that water is affecting the spark?
also i used a 30amp blade fuse to ground out my external ignition coil cuz the jdm h22 has internal one... any help is appreciated.

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
Uhh 1st you should be grounding out a coil. Just disconnect and remove from the car. As for dizzy, take apart and check for rust, clean contacts, replace if needed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
contacts and connections are cleaned and i grounded out the harness plug that plugs into the external ignition coil. but its still not getting a spark. i may have to replace the dizzy.

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
contacts and connections are cleaned and i grounded out the harness plug that plugs into the external ignition coil. but its still not getting a spark. i may have to replace the dizzy.
Yea what makes me worried is how you wired the conversion from external to internal. i think the problem lies there.

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
In my H22 swap I left everything as is with the internal coil distributor setup and used my H23 engine harness. Then used a 30amp blade fuse to jump the extra connector that would normally be used on the H23's external coil setup. It's the simple way to do it without ripping the harness apart and removing the wiring as a whole. No problems here. :)

Should look something like this...

If there was water in your distributor I would at least open it up and make sure things haven't been fried due to being wet and shorting out.

·
RHD Club
2,240 Posts
Yea i guess i have to read on what you guys are doing with this fuse and whats being jumpered out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea thats what my setup looks like. at one point i got a second of spark and the motor almost turned over but we were checking the spark with a screwdriver and one of the caps out so it died out, then it never sparked again. ima try a new dizzy hopefully thats it. cuz yea a good amount of water came out

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres where I'ma at:

I've put a JDM h22 in my 93 but i can't get a spark. I replaced the whole distributor, cap, rotor, and external ingition coil, and still nothing. heres the rundown:

Motor is JDM h22

i bought the rywire vtec harness

p13 ecu (usdm, may be an issue..?)

distributor is from autozone and i got the one for the h23 using the external ignition style(also may be an issue..?)

also, could anyone take a picture of their distributor wire harness plugs so i can see the wires and their places in the plug?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, thanks. can anyone give me a good picture of the distributor harness plug? i need to double check my wire orders on that plug. the male end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts