Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does it matter what block you use for boosting??? advantages/disadvantages of using a JDM block over a USDM?
my guess is no:confused:

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
just the block or the whole motor? the block is the same, there are differences in the pistons and maybe the head chamber configuration. the JDM motor has a bit higher compression, which in theory makes it harder to keep your motor detonation free. you would need a bit more fuel and bit less timing.

on the other hand, if it's all tuned properly and has a good fuel/timing setup, the JDM motor might make more power. even though the JDM motors are rated for LESS power than the USDM motors, they seem to make a little more.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just the block, i guess it really dont matter if you sleeve it and put some 8.5:1 or 9.0:1 pistons in there

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
When you bump the compression down, say on a normal USDM motor, if you wanted to go like 9 psi, what should you drop down to to be safe? 10:1? 9.5:1?

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
10.0:1 is the stock CR on a USDM H22. 9.5:1 is hardly worth the trouble. 9.0:1 will allow you to run quite a bit more timing and boost.

on the other hand, you can certainly run 9psi at 10.0:1 CR. people run that much boost and more on engines with a stock 11.0:1 CR. it's just a question of the tolerances, the conservatism of the tuning, and having the RIGHT system for controlling timing and fuel.

from what other members here have said, below 9.0:1 the lude gets a bit sluggish off boost. my JRSC lude at 9.5:1 still felt strong off boost, so your mileage may vary. ;)

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so its better to go with 9.0:1....interesting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts