Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have JDM parts contacts? All I need are one set of Type S outer valve springs. Somehow I ended up with 3 sets of inners, and one set of outers. I need to get another set of outers since I have someone interested in my Type S cams with the springs and retainers. Problem is, all of my contacts require a part number, and that's something I don't have.

Yeah, don't say anything, I know I bought the Type S cams, and now I am selling them!
Oh well, I am doing the same thing with the pistons, and I did the same thing with the sway bars..... I call it R&D!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
Expensive R&D methinks

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEAH....you should see my bills.....

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
I have the valvesprings sitting around, here are the part numbers:

14761-P5P-J01 (blue)
14762-P5P-J01 (red)

Hope this helps!

By the way, do you know which ones are the intake springs and which ones are the exhaust springs?
What kind of cams are you thinking to get instead?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LVSBB6:
I have the valvesprings sitting around, here are the part numbers:

14761-P5P-J01 (blue)
14762-P5P-J01 (red)

Hope this helps!

By the way, do you know which ones are the intake springs and which ones are the exhaust springs?
What kind of cams are you thinking to get instead?
</font>
I have those too. I can't figure it out. I have a set of 51s, 52s, 61s, and 62s. You would think that would be a whole set, but it's 3 inners and 1 outer. Ugh, I can't figure it out.

Well, I can tell you what kind of cams I am not getting. They aren't Crower, JUN, or Crane!

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't they only make cams for VWs? I don't know what they make cams for, but I have heard of them. No, not them. I will let the cat out of the bag at the right time (everything is still being worked on!
)

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With all of those Type S cams out there, no one has the part numbers, or where I can get them??

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
I seem to have the same numbers as yours, but I have 2 inners and 2 outers. It's pretty obvious since there are two sizes, each size has two sets.

The number I gave you is the actual part number.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
I have those too. I can't figure it out. I have a set of 51s, 52s, 61s, and 62s. You would think that would be a whole set, but it's 3 inners and 1 outer. Ugh, I can't figure it out.

Well, I can tell you what kind of cams I am not getting. They aren't Crower, JUN, or Crane!

</font>

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
I know Schrick makes BMW cams also...

Billy, I hope you didn't get them from Toda...
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=33583
This poor guy's Toda SpecB Intake cam broke in his ITR at only 3000rpm. I guess Toda only makes B series cams though... Or do they??

Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, not Toda.
shhhh...it's a secret. Once I actually have them in my hands, I will let you guys know, sound fair? Can't talk about them because they aren't here yet.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

1 - 12 of 12 Posts