Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
>> Tragedy For You <<
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a bunch of JDM Climate controls on EBay for gen 5 'ludes and was wondering if it's possible to (fairly) easily get one of these suckers and hook it up to actually work in a USDM 'lude... I'd love to get one eventually but if they don't work then forget it..(obviously)

G

·
Every few weeks this exact same post shows up. Has anyone actually done it? I don't think any of the stuff on EBay has everything you need. Try doing a search, you might turn something up.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
188 Posts
i think a few weeks ago there was a JDM climate control that claimed to have everything needed, motors, temp. sensors etc... but then again i think that one started around $200 and finished at like $400...i'd say if its only about $100-150 it doesn't have everything

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah I don't think many of the ones on ebay have everything. You need, from what I can gather, the unit itself, the motor to control the flapper on the blower, two temperature sensors and then you need to splice the wiring for the unit into the stock wiring.

I don't know about you but I really don't want to cut anything off my stock harness. Maybe someone could figure this out and get one of those companies that makes ECU harness conversions to do one for the climate control. It'd be expensive but it's better than buying a new harness if you can't get it to work.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
>> Tragedy For You <<
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh.. okay then.. I guess I'll just forget about it then - not worth it to risk screwing up my current climate controls..

Thanks for the info though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts