Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one yet (4th or 5th gen)? I know there was a thread about this a while ago, but no one ever addressed the problem. I mainly want to know if it hooks up easily, and how to hook up the automatic climate control.

------------------
Hmmm, I need Vtec already...

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I've heard it wasn't that easy, but I don't know anyone that has done it.

I would think that since it is automatic climate control, it would need some type of sensor to sense the temp. I'm pretty sure our cars don't come with that.

jp

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I saw a couple for sale G4, and G5 on Ebay, they were in the 300-400 range. Id like to get one, i wonder who could put it in. Id like to have it

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
well for the 5th gen isnt it a previous gen cl's climate control. and if it is the same can't we go the the acura dealership and see if they can install one?

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,includeing exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Pretty recently man. There are none right now for the G5, but i think there is one for sale for the G4. They are Used of course, but its still a very good deal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got mine for $148 shipped (used of course). I was thinking if i could get a climate control thermostat (like from an acura) and hook that up to my car...

------------------

·
www.ntpog.org
7,696 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by h23a1_vtec:
I got mine for $148 shipped (used of course). I was thinking if i could get a climate control thermostat (like from an acura) and hook that up to my car...

</font>
what site you get it from? and was it hard to install?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've never known anyone who's done it but I've heard that you need the control unit (the thing that everyone and their brother have been selling on ebay recnetly), the motors for the vent control (the US spec ones are drive by cables) and the thermo sensing unit.

There is a guy on another site that has had the unit for the 5th gen for a few months now but he can't find any of the other pieces. PITA if you ask me, but if someone could find a way to do it cheap/easy it would be cool.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gabe:
What do the vent controls do (i know it sounds like a stupid question? If I run it with out the thermo sensor unit, wouldn't i still be able to control the fan speed, and temperature (it just wouldn't be automatic)...

I've never known anyone who's done it but I've heard that you need the control unit (the thing that everyone and their brother have been selling on ebay recnetly), the motors for the vent control (the US spec ones are drive by cables) and the thermo sensing unit.
</font>

------------------

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have been of the understanding that you also need the jdm ecu or it will not be fully functional. The sensors from the jdm unit also ness. obviously.

You are gonna need some misc. stuff too like... wiring diagrams for both usdm controls and the jdm control... then some piece's of the jdm harness for the controls may be need'd.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
yes, the JDM one is digitaly controled.. all electronic controled. while the US/Can one is mechanical.. mostly controled by cables/wires pulling on moving parts to make it work. (specially the temp. control switch) The JDM one has a temp sensor on it to tell you what the desired temp is compared to the actual temp of your car's interior. I was also told that they use different heater fans as well.

------------------

1 - 20 of 44 Posts