Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been searching and reading each thread over and over tring to get as much info as possible...i cant believe that with a forum as big as we have we never perfected it yet...we are moving along dont get me wrong but i see a lot of po.com stuff floating around (4bidden shifter, cf trunk/sunroot)...what we should do is have a get together and the best of everyone should all work together and finish one car and then do the ultimate writeup and help out...i vote my car :laugh: ...as soon as i get more money i am going to buy the unit from a guy and try this install myself...if anyone on here is in NY and knows what they are doing and would want to try to bang this out let me know...but for those that are working on it, keep the good work up and i hope you get it fully working soon

·
Registered
854 Posts
Actually I just finished installing mine last weekend and it's fully functional :bigthumb:

I am also working for a way to modify our USDM control so that I can fabricate a custom harness (Im going to literally cut the circuitboard and solder the wires individually). That way it'll be half way plug and play. So basically if this custom harness I'm talking about works, all you have to do is plug it in, add the sensors, relay, transistor and air mix motor. No more wire splicing :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
6,743 Posts
Hey Justin, would you be willing to help me out if I ever decide to do the swap (since your local area)?

PS: Did you get all your equipment from the same place we got all the other nice jdm goodies at? :)

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
9,508 Posts
ahhaha i am first in line tyler. but ther already a line building

·
--renovation--
1,078 Posts
Scalifludesi said:
Actually I just finished installing mine last weekend and it's fully functional :bigthumb:

I am also working for a way to modify our USDM control so that I can fabricate a custom harness (Im going to literally cut the circuitboard and solder the wires individually). That way it'll be half way plug and play. So basically if this custom harness I'm talking about works, all you have to do is plug it in, add the sensors, relay, transistor and air mix motor. No more wire splicing :bigthumb:
You got yours to work fully? I just bought the entire unit from a guy and I hope I have everything. Can you show how you bended the peice of metal so the blower motor works properly? I am going to start this project soon and I need a little bit of help. Also, is it required that you have to take apart the entire dash?

·
Registered
854 Posts
It can be done without taking the whole dash apart but it's really a big pain in the neck because there's hardly any space under the dash. I think if I were to do it again I would take the dash out (a lot easier to splice the wires and hook up the transistor and sensors). It's not that hard really as long as you have a Helms manual handy with you.

Lurch: As far as the air mix motor I'm not sure how I did it because I didn't take the dash out. I kinda installed it upside-down because if installed facing up, the highest setting blows cold air and the lowest setting would blow hot air :D I'm thinking of reinstalling the motor again because it doesn't fully close the heater vent on the lowest setting, thus made my AC blow cool air, not COLD air :laugh:

Tyler & Deepmist: Yeah no problem man :bigthumb: I bought the whole thing from PO.com member "willmbrk" for $140 (picked up in San Diego). Hien also wants me to install his climate control. Fee to install: Just bring along the hot ladies with you and some beer and we'll call it even (I get to keep the ladies of course):D

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
9,508 Posts
the ladys i am working, on the beer, i willg et some1 to buy for me.

·
Registered
854 Posts
LilImportkid said:
about how many hours do you think you spent on this??

and great job by the way, you got some nuts doin all that to your car
I would say around 4-6 hours on the span of 2 days (2-3 hrs each day). I've done harder stuffs to my car like converted it from auto to manual. That's why I went ahead and pursued this project. If I can convert my car from auto to manual by myself, this one should be cake :bigthumb:

·
Third time is a charm.
1,338 Posts
willmbrk said:
You can find the complete units on Ebay. I didnt want to deal with it at this point, so I sold the one I had
do you have a list of what a "complete unit" is

cuz ive seen em on E-bay too but i just wanna make sure that there is in fact EVERYTHING that will be needed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.