Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
jdm climate control install thread (undated 12/23) 5:10 pm

so since my dad got laid off we are going to install all the stuff i have had laying around to install.

today i took it all out of the attic, inventoried all the parts i have to double check i have them all.

this project is going to start on Monday, because I'm off from work. i also will be off half of Tuesday all of wednesday all of thursday and all of Friday, i don't know how much will happen on Christmas eve and day. but i hope to have it done by next weekend.

we may also start the wiring for the 4ws while we have the dash out. ill put up pics of the parts later.

dash is out wiring is started

so what is completed so far is that the out side air temp sensor is inside the front bumper and the wires are run into the car, the power transistor and the blower motor high relay is wired up.

some more sensors are in but the big accomplishment is that the air mix motor is mounted and has a rod to make it work

all of the parts i used are parts that were on the usdm controls that are no longer needed since i have the jdm water valve which is electronically controlled rather than with a cable

didnt get a whole lot done last little bit to the blower motor high relay wiring, also got every wire thats already in the car tapped into the jdm plugs.

air mix motor

·
Registered
243 Posts
hey... you search for jdm cc here?

i put some pics of where i put the air mixer... one of the most "difficult" things to locate... limited distance... lot of things that can be in the middle...

and take the heater out is a pain in the... the only reason for take it out is to flush all the water hoses... but if its working fine you may not take it out.

its a good project... you will love it!

after you finish wiring it... chek if the ilumination changes with the dim switch... mine dont

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the way you mounted it that cable is going to start to bind extremely fast. also i don have enough room as it is behind my deck for the amount of wiring i have behind there

thanks for the tip though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts