Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
A grip of 4th genners up in the Bay Area of Cali have done this, and it works just fine.

J

·
Registered
58 Posts
aside from the fact that you will be blinding everyone since they are rhd and flare differently than in the us, you will be all good. just get an h4 kit. I would reccomend a projector retrofit from like an audi/bmw.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
but the problem lies in how the reflector was designed. you can adjust them all you want, but they will always shine a little bit up and to the left because of the way light is emitted from them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
exactly you can adjust down and to the right, but they still flare up and to the left. so you will be losing even more light where you actually need it if you adjusted it in order to not be so blinding to oncoming traffic.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
ooo, i have an idea... how feasable would it be to swap the reflectors from the left housing to the right and vice versa?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
G_Loc said:
ooo, i have an idea... how feasable would it be to swap the reflectors from the left housing to the right and vice versa?
not very. i just have regular lights in but i have checked a lot seeing how people say the pattern spreads more the the left. i didnt not notice this at all. i check by getting out and going a ways away and check same distance from center to the left and right. if anything my lights aimed a little too much to the right and i need to adjust them.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
pull up to a wall and take note of the beam shape. it should look like eyelashes, with the highest point of each on the left side of the car. now go compare the pattern with those of a newer model car. depending on what char it is, it might have the eyelash projection when the lights are shone upon a wall. the difference is that the highest point of the eyelash will be on the right side of the car.

go out and do that test

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
G_Loc said:
but the problem lies in how the reflector was designed. you can adjust them all you want, but they will always shine a little bit up and to the left because of the way light is emitted from them.
This always drove me nuts, until somebody told me this a year ago. I put my JDM's in, and then figured out how to adjust them...but it still didn't help too much. Oh well...this is our JDM fettish fighting us back, hahaha. :laugh:

J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts