Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this combo work together, and is there anything special I need to know while doing it???

G

·
It should, they operate totally independently of one another, and the components they affect are not overlapping.

I was going to use this exact combo before I decided on a Hondata (I will still use the J&S, though).

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
they work, none of the wires conflict.

the only thing the j&s likes to really use is the distributor signal.

the things the vtec controller likes is the map sensor/vtec/etc.

G

·
The new J&S Ultra actually senses VTEC as well, so I suppose they do overlap, but the J&S does not affect VTEC in any way.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
I was going to use this exact combo before I decided on a Hondata (I will still use the J&S, though).

</font>
71dsp: I was just curious why you plan to use the J&S along with a Hondata unit. Hondata seems to claim that the need for such a timing (detonation) controller is eliminated when using their product. I am hoping to eventually get the Hondata stage 4 + replacement MAP sensor boost, although I may have to swap ECUs to do so. I definitely want to be safe regarding detonation, so should I also get the J&S safeguard version 2? Or with that Hondata setup am I safe?

Thanks for any input.

Kevin

------------------
http://www.thekev.com

·
Registered
554 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kev95si:
71dsp: I was just curious why you plan to use the J&S along with a Hondata unit. Hondata seems to claim that the need for such a timing (detonation) controller is eliminated when using their product. I am hoping to eventually get the Hondata stage 4 + replacement MAP sensor boost, although I may have to swap ECUs to do so. I definitely want to be safe regarding detonation, so should I also get the J&S safeguard version 2? Or with that Hondata setup am I safe?

Thanks for any input.

Kevin

</font>
It's not really the same thing... though you can control timing completely, the J&S saves your butt when something happens unexpectedly. Sure, you can tune the car perfectly, but the J&S is peice of mind. For 450-600 depending on what version you get, it's worth it IMHO...

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Smilez:
It's not really the same thing... though you can control timing completely, the J&S saves your butt when something happens unexpectedly. Sure, you can tune the car perfectly, but the J&S is peice of mind. For 450-600 depending on what version you get, it's worth it IMHO...</font>
Well said. You can't always control the quality of gas that you get, etc. etc. So, the J&S is there as a safety net. That is, unless you want to get to know your local engine builder quite well....

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

1 - 9 of 9 Posts