Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, i'm SuOmiPelAajA and i'm planning on getting my first project car(s) and i've been looking at two 1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4WS models for sale, together, for just 1000€, which is around $1030 USD. I'm 14 at the moment and have around 3,5 years to possibly build or fix up a car for when i get a license, at 18. So, let's just cut to the chase. One of these Preludes (blue) looks pretty good on the outside based on the pictures, but the engine doesn't start (B20A5) and the other one (black) is in quite rough condition on the outside (windshield smashed, front bumper hanging off, etc), but that one somewhat starts (B20A7). I haven't gone to look at them yet, so this is all just based on the pictures and details given on the listing. No idea on mileage on either of them, says they've been sitting for years, both need engine work ofc and some welding. Blue one's fenders etc taken apart, but in storage, so at least it has them. Would a 3g Prelude Si 4WS be a good first project or no? if not, why? Here's the listing, you can translate it to English or whatever language necessary because it's in Finnish; Link for the listing

EDIT: I contacted the seller, he said they're both really rotten so they're mostly for parts or something. I won't buy them anymore, would be too much work..
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Plant

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, there was another 3g that popped up for 700€. It was a 1989 2.0 EX with a B20A3 or A4 dual carb SOHC. Apparently all the rust had been repaired on the body and the car was ready for paint, with a 5 speed manual trans that shifts nicely. It has some problems with sputtering/stuttering on light throttle, but runs well under load. This would've been almost perfect in my opinion, but sadly it got away. It was sold within the first 2 days. 😕

1 - 5 of 5 Posts