Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone? can you name this?
And more importantly, anyone know if I can keep A/C with use of T04S (DVS_prelude's old compressor).

If it helps:

I see that the W/G placement is different from most turbos... is this a decent location for it?

·
400whp club reject
2,411 Posts
Might be the the picture, it might just be me, but from what I see, it looks like the turbo will sit straight in front of the manifold. Most H22 manifold have the turbo flange pointing either up or down. even f-max and max-rev's log style, which doesn't stick out forward as far, still point on a slant down. I'd be worried that it'll hit the radiator, even if you got a front mount fan

·
Registered
928 Posts
my guess is no it wont fit even with a to4e compressor let alone a to4s compressor if that ebay picture is in fact the true design of the manifold. My drag 4 manifold uses a design that lets the turbo sit straight back from the head and it is probably half as deep as that one. I have very little clearance between the radiator and the compressor i imagine with that one you would need to use a half size radiator in which case i would use the new maxrev equal length

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can change the flange though right? don't mind doing that.
I really wanna keep my A/C w/ this turbo.
maybe i'll end up trading it for a smaller one

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
dont get that manifold. Its like those junk meng/sparks racing/obx ones that crack really fast. Get the revhard log, revhard equal length, or full-race. The full race manfiold is absoloutely bad ass, they outflow every manifold on the market. Ive seen one of theirs make 370whp on pump gas @8psi on a GSR motor w/ precision sc61 turbo...Check out honda-techs FI forum, its very informative.

·
Registered
928 Posts
actually the new maxrev manifold the equal lenght one is very bad ass also i think it is equal to or better than the full race one. Just wait until it has been out longer

·
Registered
500 Posts
coil222 said:
I can change the flange though right? don't mind doing that.
I really wanna keep my A/C w/ this turbo.
maybe i'll end up trading it for a smaller one
You can't just change the flange.. the spacing on the runners doesn't match, so changing the flange won't help. I tried a h23 mani before, and I know they won't match up.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ziggity said:
actually the new maxrev manifold the equal lenght one is very bad ass also i think it is equal to or better than the full race one. Just wait until it has been out longer
AC friendly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts