Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
fliptout said:
i just talked to a honda dealer near me that sells Thermal exhaust. i plan on getting turbo in july for my 01 prelude. i'm going to get the thermal exhaust that looks like our stock exhaust with the 3" pipe.

my question if i install the Thermal with the 3" pipe before the turbo is installed is it ok.
Can I ask how you're going to go about doing this, considering that the Thermal Exhaust muffler has a 2 1/4" inlet pipe?? I was contemplating the same thing, but it wouldn't work with the dual tip stealth muffler Thermal Provides for N/A cars.

Or are you going to have a custom flange from 3"-->2.25" ?? But wouldn't this almost defeat the purpose of a 3" exhaust piping??

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yeah, that would totally defeat it- be better off leaving the muffler off(yeah right). Anyway, If Thermal will sell a 3" SS piping from the cat to the muffler for our 5th gens, I'd buy that and get and weld my own muffler to it. I think I will give them a call.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yeah, called them up and they said that they have nothing in the hamper on a 3" cat-back for us- oh well, custom here I come. I am most likely going to let a shop do it all, including the ordering of the piping too, as long as it is a decent price based on what I calculated from www.burnsstainless.com (which was $275 plus shipping and filler rods, hangers, and flange plates). I also am pretty much set on that N1 universal 3" SS muffler, but I think I am going to get the blue one instead. I really like the blue on red contrast for my car(it will match my lugnutz, emblems, city lights, and JDM sidemarkers too, as they are all blue). Plus I have never seen this on any car around here, so why not(I don't think it will look bad or ricey at all). Anyway, I let you know what I decide when I move forward on this- I have to get my car back from King first!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts