Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone still recognizes my screenname, you'll probably know I've been a pretty scarce commodity on this board for the past 6 months. After building up my lude with the Supercharger, I got a real scare from looking at the engine of another guy who had a JRSC on it...looked like someone had thrown a Molotov cocktail into his engine-real ugly. So I took everything off (I was honestly surprised at how easy it was to install and take out) and sold it all-actually made a few hundred off of it luckily- Anyways I'm down in TX now (Corpus Christi) finishing up flight school and now want to start building up the engine again- but this time NA- no more forced induction- so what I'd like to know is whats everyone's opinions on how to go about it. I already have the basics changed: HEaders, Intake and pulleys and refuse to change exhaust again...thermal was waaay too loud and no gains (luckily I broke even on the resale). What should I hit next and where to go from there if I'm looking to drop 3-4 g over a year or so. (and before anyone says it, I know..i know I should just hit search, but the newer the info I can get the better), thanks for the help in advance

D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You have chosen the tougher route to take but when you do get there it will have been worth it. You should get some higher compression pistons like the type s or arias. Then get some more agressive cams like crower or skunk2 and some cam gears. You will need a vafc or some type of fuel management system to get it tuned correctly. I would also get a high flow cat but with the stock exhaust you wont get as good of gains from the basic boltons. This should get you to your goal of 200whp.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah understandable..I'd like to get to 200 and then see where to go from there, so lets just say 200 for now I guess my ultimate goal would be to get the same amount of power that I had with the JRSC--except with alot less risk of the engine going boom (yes I had Hondata but still couldnt shake the feeling of the engine going up due to weak stock internals), loved the feeling and power to the SC, but didnt like sweating over everything

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
freefaller said:
yeah understandable..I'd like to get to 200 and then see where to go from there, so lets just say 200 for now I guess my ultimate goal would be to get the same amount of power that I had with the JRSC--except with alot less risk of the engine going boom (yes I had Hondata but still couldnt shake the feeling of the engine going up due to weak stock internals), loved the feeling and power to the SC, but didnt like sweating over everything
so you want 220whp, basically. that's where im shooting for too. my setup (in progress) is very much like satans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts