Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After struggling with wiring shorts and basic dumbassedness my system (NX Single Fogger 50 Shot) is alive and working

Did two pulls last night first one in third gear gradually up rpms to 4600 and then punched it. It came on strong (I could here the solonoids click as I hit WOT) but nothing like I expected (I guess I expected the tires to break loose or something.

Second pull in second gear felt MUCh stronger it actually put me back in the seat a little bit WEEEEEEEE.

I'm hooked

Thanks to all that helped with my stupid Newbie questions

Time slips this weekend

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
great man, glad to hear it.

Your tires didnt break loose with a NX 50 shot (hp rated at wheels), that doesnt seem right to me? I have a Zex 55 shot (hp rated at crank) and my tires break loose easily, and I have a 96 SI.

Do you have the proper pills in? You sure its not the 35 shot?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
It's really hard to break ur tires loose in third gear...............................................................................
I have a 75 shot and my tires never break loose in third gear. I have third gear chirped twice in my life, but I never sprayed nitrous on either of them.

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
nice Andy, i didnt even notice he said he did them in third gear.

Try spraying in 1st or 2nd :bigthumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
what was your bottle pressure?
having low pressure can dramaticly affect how hard your nitrous hits. once i forgot to turn my bottle warmer and it was a cool night and i sprayed and it felt like a 35-40 shot instead of a 60 shot. then i warmed up my bottle and it hit jsut as hard as it was supposed to.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
i have a bottle heater :) do I make you jealous. Bottle pressure is extremely important. There is no point in spraying unless you are at 1000 psi

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the subject of bottle heaters i am in the belief that I will use my bottle heater at all times so I can stay consistent for bracket racing. Are there any draw backs to using the heater when it's warm. the NX bottle heater shuts itself off at 1200 PSI doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Correct, it shuts itself off once it reaches a certain pressure. There is a benefit of keeping it on between runs. The bottle will cool off every time you spray, so depending on how much time you have in between runs, it can be a real big help.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
what he said....by the end of the 1320 your pressure will go down to near 700 for a short bit....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts