Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about going with itbs, i am going for a n/a setup obviousely woud like to hear from some people with personal experiance with this type of application and the pros and cons of this setup

·
Registered
971 Posts
ITBs Yah! if you have the set up....in all honesty its the last mod ive done... its not street friendly but since my car is a track whore its all good :)

·
you can do EEEEET!
2,394 Posts
lol

Itbs really will only benefit a High HP build. Even then there are some manifold/intake setups that can probably flow more air than ITB's. If its more of a mild build, I'd probably go with a Euro R manifold

·
Registered
40 Posts
SERIOUSLY go ITB's but you need to research the best stack length cause the stack length will determine how much horsepower or torque you make AND when you put them on you will NEED a dyno guy to tune it for you ive seen them take a few days to tune right, idle, full throttle, standard driving. just do your research but i would recommend them cause they rock and sound cool and can add serious gains if done correctly other than that good luck with it

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
NO! +1 on try a euro r or aftermarket manifold. They are less of a pain and work great + don't make u as poor.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
Check out RoskoRacing for a easier/cheaper solution. Unless you are going with a 250+ whp N/A build don't even worry about it.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
^ I would say not to worry about it even if he's planning on 250whp+ build. Many have done it without ITBs.
ITBs really are not meant for gains, but throttle response. My point on the 250+WHP build is that when you spend that much cash, then why not get ITBs?

Otherwise you are spending $1,200+ on an intake that is a royal pain, and will not net you any real gains.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts