Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
waz up?
i want to know if i get the type S piston which i think are 11:1 compression ratio would i be safe to spray 75 shot or even 100 shot with blown my motor, also how much is type S psition with labor???? and do i have to do anything to the block?

G

·
I would recommend highly against it. Unless you are going to build up the bottom AND top end of your engine. If you are SET on doing this, without building up the engine, the very MAX I would run is a 50 shot.

------------------
Malken00
[email protected]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by trehlo:
People with nice cars need their own state.</font>

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean buildin it up for bottom end, do you mean gettin lower compression pistons or strong pistons and how do i build up top end?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Building up the bottom end can include lower or higher compression pistons, depending on whether you go NA or FI, Chrmoloy Rods, Resleeving the block, blockguard, knife-edged crankshaft, Blueprinting and balancing. Anything else I miss guys?

·
Registered
219 Posts
When I built my bottom end, I put JE 9:1 pistons, Crower Chromoly Rods, and iron-ductile sleeving. Anything else is just an accessory.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't want to go FI i want to spray and if i lower my compression and spray ,when i'm not using my n2o the car will lose HP. thats why i want to have high compression piston for when i'm not spray i'm still quick. do they make higher compression pistons that are strong even to spray a 75 shot with no problems? like JE pistons but for higher compression that can handle n2o

[This message has been edited by 98LudeChris (edited April 18, 2001).]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what companies sell higher compression pistons?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
some one help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the site's... but would the set-up that i said work or not?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
some one relpy

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
some one please reply

G

·
I think you need to do more research into what you want to do before you ask everyone what setup will work for you.

Do some research on how nitrous works, what's required to run it safely, and what goes into a built engine. Do you have an extra few grand laying around? I can tell you from what I have seen, a stock engine is not going to hold up to a 75 or 100 shot, especially with Type S pistons.

I would suspect that with a shot that big, not only will you need to strengthen the bottom end, but you will have to upgrade the fuel system.

My suggestion is, look around and see what you can find out about nitrous.

Something like the Honda Performance Handbook would be a good starting place (but don't believe everything that's in there!).

Do you understand exactly what higher compression pistons will do for you?

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

1 - 14 of 14 Posts