Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


2001 Car Polish Liquid 16 oz. Contains a high-tech polymer for even better shine and durability. Includes advanced ultraviolet ray blocker and stabilizer system to help protect against finish fading. Brings back shine to old, neglected finishes. Wipes on and off effortlesly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
There are hundreds of better waxes/polymer's you could use. What colour is your car? What kind of shape is the paint in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Konowl said:
There are hundreds of better waxes/polymer's you could use. What colour is your car? What kind of shape is the paint in?
Flaminco Black Pearl... The paint is in pretty good condition.. its a 98.. got some swirls but thats it
 

·
Elitist FOB
Joined
·
348 Posts
fierce said:


Flaminco Black Pearl... The paint is in pretty good condition.. its a 98.. got some swirls but thats it
For the swirls I will use 3M Swirl Mark Remover and then top it with a Carnuba wax but before I do the 3M Swirl Mark remover will clean the paint with a Dawn wash, Claybar and a good Paint Cleaner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
do you know how to use/have a buffer? That would be the best way.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
If your paint is anything like mine, you aren't going to be able to get rid of all the swirls unless you have a rotary buffer. You can reduce them a little with a random orbit buffer or hide them with fillers by hand. You could use a compound, but I'm against compounds because they are too harsh. It would be easy to go too far with the compound and end up with much worse paint (you wouldn't want to go all the way through the clear coat). If you use a good polish like 3M Swirl Mark Remover for Dark Paints then follow up with a glaze and then wax, you will have good results.

vvvvv Flamenco Black Pearl :bigthumb:
 

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
Joined
·
5,891 Posts
I would recommend....



It may cost a little more but you get what you pay for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
fierce said:


2001 Car Polish Liquid 16 oz. Contains a high-tech polymer for even better shine and durability. Includes advanced ultraviolet ray blocker and stabilizer system to help protect against finish fading. Brings back shine to old, neglected finishes. Wipes on and off effortlesly.
hahaha..ive used that stuff b4...back in the olden days and ill tell you this much..the stuff blows monkey balls, when i used it, it was like wipin water onto my paint and buffin it out and seein no results at all
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top