Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends thinks I'm an eternal hater because I nitpick every car that's been made. The new Supra and Vetter were the latest two cars I find flawed which lead him to ask me if there's ONE car I dont have issues with. My internal Honda fanboy gave me the NSX (NA1/2) and I couldnt think of another.

Curious what PO thinks is a perfect car?

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Every car has its strengths and weaknesses. If we have to pick one car nearest to perfection, though, I'd probably have to go with the McLaren F1. But if I had to pick a car that I'd actually want to own (and drive), it would be a Porsche GT3 RS.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
I'm still in the process of getting myself into(restoring on my own) an early 1970's GM F-body car(Firebird/Camaro). Definitely not gonna be the "bestest" car ever, but I look forward to it.

Finding the perfect car assumes you'd never want to move beyond that car, which is a fallacy.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
NSX-R (2002). It may not be the fastest (my Stinger is faster than it 0-60 and 1/4 mile), but to me, it's such a pure driver's car.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
What is that, Jared? The b"badge" on the grill looks like maybe the Genesis badge from Hyundai....???

Subaru?

·
12,804 Posts

JK!! That said... i haven't moved on from the S2k bc I haven't found a car that's more scalpel like than it. A lotus Elise, but it lacks basic creature comforts. The next best that i've driven is a GT4, except the gearing sucks. 997 GT3 perhaps. IDK.

I think i want a 991.2 GT3 with a manual.

·
12,804 Posts
long gears. Car could be much peppier and exciting (and faster!) if it had better ratios. But I suppose they don't want to upset the lineup and make the cayman faster than the 911.

Unfortunately the just announced 718 gt4 got the same transmission. What a buzzkill.

Sharkwerks offers a regearing kit, but it's about $9k.

https://www.sharkwerks.com/product?id=4727

Last I looked there weren't any final drive options yet, but that was a few years ago... i'm sure there's something out by now.

Edit: https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/1028501-it-s-finally-available-the-981-gt4-spyder-shorter-final-drive-ratio.html

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,081 Posts
Evora Gt400 seems great aside from the oil starvation issue, quality control issues, and electrical problems.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
Porsche has been doing that BS for years, i remember when they didnt put an LSD in the cayman so it would be intentially slower than the 911.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts