Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get a OEM body Kit from Honda for my 97 Red Lude and the dealer is telling me that Honda does not make or paint the OEM kits in that "red" anymore! Is the two reds really different? If I have to get the OEM repainted, then I'm better off getting the Mugen bodykit (replica)... any insight on this guys?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
is it Milano Red or San Milano Red??
i think they are different... San Marino is darker...

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
San Marino red was available in 97-98. Milano red was offerred in 99-01. The San Marino red is much darker, almost like a blood-red. The Milano red is the bright red you see on the Civics and Integras.

According to:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/preext.html

they have all the OEM pieces available in all the colors. Whether or not they have them in stock anymore is the question...

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder, being that my car is 4 years old, if it is light (faded) enough to match the San Milano red...

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Hey, you're not listening to us!!
They are very different in color. Park next to one and you'll see how different they are. Even if your paint is faded somewhat, I think you should get the original color.

Again, it's just plain Milano red, not San Milano red.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by klee.007:
Damn, looks like I'll be getting the Mugen kit...</font>
i feel so sorry for you

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts