Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
The best precaution you could take is to not have the line hooked up to the bottle. However, I believe each state, even county and city handles it differently. In wilmington, I asked one of the sheriffs and he said as long as the arm switch is off, they can't prove that you had it on while you were on the street.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Some guys have put their bottle where the spare tire is and raised the floor board up a little so it will fit. I dont think it would be a good idea putting small bottles on the inside. It will be a pain to fill and its closer to you if in an accident or something.

·
Premium Member
5,595 Posts
as CTPRELUDE said, a small bottle would just be a pain in the ass. I have my bottle in the trunk and I lock the trunk lever inside whenever I'm worried. I don't think a cop can search it if you lock and and don't open it for them. Plus I can fold my back seat down and turn the bottle on whenever I want, so it works out nice. Another thing you could do is buy a junk subwoofer, make a box big enough to go over your bottle, and conceal it. The only problem would be turning on and off the bottle, but I'm sure you could find a way around that.

·
SuperMod
10,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, pain in the ass to fill, but only because it'd have to be filled more often, correct?

And if I put it in some kind of metal frame/tubing, I should be fairly safe in the event of an accident, right?

Reason I'm asking is because I've heard that 4G prelude have fit subwoofers into the fender areas INSIDE the car, and I'm wondering how feasible it would be to fit a small bottle there.

·
Premium Member
5,595 Posts
pter said:
Ok, pain in the ass to fill, but only because it'd have to be filled more often, correct?

And if I put it in some kind of metal frame/tubing, I should be fairly safe in the event of an accident, right?

Reason I'm asking is because I've heard that 4G prelude have fit subwoofers into the fender areas INSIDE the car, and I'm wondering how feasible it would be to fit a small bottle there.
the sneaky pete bottles don't hold a lot, maybe 3 passes if you are lucky. I wouldn't be worried about it in a crash though if you put it in your glove box or something like that and had it mounted. one thing you have to remember is that wherever you mount it you will have to be able to open the bottle, you can't always leave the bottle because you solenoids will leak and eventually wear out. You *might* be able to get a remote bottle opener on it, but I'm not sure if the sneaky pete has the right on off knob size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.