Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was reading this article a little while ago. I stumbled upon it because my car got broken into a while back. This led me to research the possible methods burglars use to circumvent car security (aside from smashing in the windows). I found a lot of information that is bound to help me out in the future but i also found a few things i wasn't sure of. One of them being, what is the truth behind the claim that bump keys will not work on cars?

I assumed that because they would work to bypass regular house locks they might work on the locks for car doors. I was merely curious as to whether there was any truth behind this claim and if anyone can point me in the direction of any other informative articles? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
One day in my 92 si I locked my keys in it, and I remembered a trick father taught me that he learned while working on a Japanese car lot. If you put another Japanese car key in the lock and wiggle jiggle it and turn you can turn the cylinder just enough to open the door. This may have been the intruders way of entry. I happened to use a 2003 Isuzu rodeo key

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, that was exactly I found out because car locks don't use a pin tumbler system and it so happen that bump keys are associated with a pin tumbler lock. Most vehicles will use wafer locks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts