Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new pioneer HU, and then found out about this. The fronts should work fine, but theres a chance my rears wont unless I bypass the AFBS?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damnit..what a pain, my last car had an annoying bose system I had to bypass, now this. F!!

thanks for the link though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome thanks for the link! should be helpful when I install it.

btw I don't need an aftermarket harness when installing a double din HU right? the stock trim works fine?

·
Registered
22 Posts
No head units are compatible with the AFBS.

Bypass or replace the speaker.
This information is completely wrong.

I just installed a Kenwood DDX719 using a Scosche HA02B wiring harness and a Metra 95-7801 Double Din kit (I think) for the trim around the radio. Back speakers work perfectly fine, haven't bypassed the AFBS at all.

AFBS is not an amp -- just a way of reducing the signal when it detects distortion. It's totally stand alone from the head unit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
awesome thanks for the link! should be helpful when I install it.

btw I don't need an aftermarket harness when installing a double din HU right? the stock trim works fine?
This is not correct. You will need an aftermarket harness if you do not wish to cut into the factory wiring. It is highly recommended that you NOT cut up the factory wiring. The harness is like $10 -- use it. Also, you will need a new trim. The stock radio is single DIN and does not have a trim you can use. Metra 95-7801 will fix you right up and close the gaps around the edges.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, my rear speakers are working, I just installed the head unit.

i'm using the stock double din trim and theres some gaps around the face plate and its bothering me.

how's the fitment of your metra kit? any gaps?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You need the trim ring from Metra 95-7801. It will close the gaps. You will throw away the rest of the plastic parts that come with it. Follow the instructions to trim up the ring and it will fit just right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK, guys, I've got a rear speakers installation problem. Want to replace the stock HU with new Sony CDX-GT565UP. I have almost ordered it from Crutchfield and surprisingly during the check out a message popped out that the Crutchfield's provided wiring harness will not power the Rear Speakers, and that I need to fish the speaker wire from the front HU to the rear speakers separately for the new HU to work with Rear Speakers.

Now, how in the world can you fish the speaker wire from the front HU to the rear speakers? Under the carpet? How is it done? Any ideas? I wouldn't like to see the speaker wire running ON TOP of the interior floor's carpet. Why would I need to run additional wire to the rear speakers? Is something weird and not compatible with Crutchfield wire harness? Maybe I should buy a different brand of wire harness and at the same time get rid of this idea of running additional speaker wire to the rear speakers?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Crutchfield notes are wrong in my opinion. I'm not sure what harness they send but the Scosche harness works fine for all four speakers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts