Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To have a guage that tells you your lateral G's like a gtech, but what what the actual atts computer sees. I think this would be pretty trick.
Anyone have any knowledge??

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
If you're asking here, I'd say you're in over your head!

If you have knowledge of electronics, I'd dig into the helm and get after it- they should have a basic explanation of how it works. You'd end up having to make an LED or similar bargraph or digital readout. Easy enough if you have the background.

Good idea- I'm susprised no one has come up with something for it yet. What's it worth to you

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A dollar. Interested? lol
I was thinking the same thing as far as I've never heard anyone talk about it. I'm guessing that it would be pretty simple for someone with experience, but I don't want to cut any more ecu wires myself(V-AFC).

·
Registered
188 Posts
if you figure out how it works and you want it done, explain it to me. i should be able to make any kind of readout that you'd need.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Helms says that the connector for the Lat. G sensor is located right under the middle of the dash. This is under the "Connector ID and Wire Harness Routing" section. It is the C451 Connector.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The electronics wouldn't be too bad. I know there are a few people here that could figure it out (I'll bet I could but it would take me forever). The bigger question in my mind is what type of display to use. A simple digital read out, an analogue guage, or a data logger of some kind. The type of guage will effect how comlex the wiring is.

But yes it could be done.

------------------
Marshall McLean
97 Prelude SH
<A HREF="http://www.hondaprelude.to" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

My Home Page

·
Damn Honda Bolts
462 Posts
yes this is a topic brought back from almost 3 years ago

but this seems like a good idea, one that I had when I first got my Helms manual and was looking through the section on ATTS.

The ATTS has a lot of neat sh!t to it that needs to be tapped. The lateral G sensor and the yaw sensor are just two off the top of my head.

How could you take the voltage, convert it to a voltage that a bar graph led readout or for a digit type readout so we could read it?

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
A National LM3914 would do the trick. Same thing the Autometer a/f gauge uses. Unless you have a knowledge of electronics, though, you will be in over your head.

·
Damn Honda Bolts
462 Posts
that's the bar graph driver chip isn't it? Using that will give a basic read out of the lateral g voltages. Will I need some sort of voltage regulator with that you think? I know I'll probably need a variable resistor to adjust the resolution of the display.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The LM3914 would provide a bar graph type display according to the voltage readout from the sensor. To me this is pretty useless, as all you'll be seeing is a bunch of lights.

IF you were interested in getting a digital readout, you would need an A/D converter(for example ADC0801) to convert the analog voltage to a digital readout. Then by using an EPROM, you could program each voltage to a specific lateral G reading. From there forth, the EPROM would be used to supply the equivalent lateral G reading in a digital(binary) format which then could be used to drive a 7-segment display or LCD.

Not a hard job, but needs some planning and testing...

·
Damn Honda Bolts
462 Posts
do you (99_sh) or anyone else know any good books or forums that discuss building circuitry like this. I'm very interested and have a big fat catalog from DigiKey in my hands right now. I just need to get some more resources on this before I can proceed and I don't know what exactly I'm looking for yet.

-Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts