Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i discovered (duh) that the d200 has an intervalometer function built in. you can program it to start at a particular time and take pictures every xx seconds, or whatever. i've been having fun with it...

this take a bit to load. going to do it again with a smaller interval but make an mpg instead of a bloated 6 mb .gif :

http://www.431.org/misc/timeLapse.gif

·
Old School
1,086 Posts
i want one of those little widget thingamabobbers on the d70!!! no fair!!!

nice gif :bigthumb:

too bad my comp can't refresh a large image fast enough, i've always liked running a .gif as a background file...

EDIT: is there a chunk of time missing there? looks like a couple of hours are missing in the late morning/early afternoon...

·
jon still has my hrt RIP
1,199 Posts
Very cool Mark. I love how the shadows just creep in. :)

·
( o.O )
2,802 Posts
plays super fast, need to make it a movie, so you can extend the frames longer. but the coolest thing is that the thumbnail plays in the tab of the firefox window its in

·
Old School
1,086 Posts
^^ can extend the frame length as a .gif, just not sure if it takes up much size... on a 6mb file, i'm guessing it's mostly picture quality, so you won't notice any baggage from a delay...

·
99 Base 5spd
376 Posts
Very cool - do your settings stay the same for each, or I presume the camera re-meters and whatnot for each shot? There's a bright star or satellite or something that's a bit smeared in the evening shots, so I'm wondering about those exposures. They look like they were taken far apart enough that it wouldn't be an airplane, but :shrug: Can you shed some light? It's pretty neat!

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CIT_lude said:
Very cool - do your settings stay the same for each, or I presume the camera re-meters and whatnot for each shot? There's a bright star or satellite or something that's a bit smeared in the evening shots, so I'm wondering about those exposures. They look like they were taken far apart enough that it wouldn't be an airplane, but :shrug: Can you shed some light? It's pretty neat!
it re-meters each shot, since it was on aperture priority. had it been set to manual, it would notm The frames are 2 min apart, so the object moving up and to the right towards the end must be a satellite. no plane moves that slow and no star moves that fast!

·
woop woop!
3,697 Posts
haha how cool. Reminds me of that vid the guys made of their trip from california to new york.

So in that case, you left the camera there and set it to take a picture like every hour or so?

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,835 Posts
I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!!!

Thats so bad ass!!!

did anyone see the ufo!?!! lol

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,835 Posts
any links about the camera itself? Current cost, recommendations.. because that beats the snot out of my DSC-P10 sony 5meg.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts