Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bored and found this a guy who reviewed a 2001 Prelude on carreview.com:

"Strengths: Man nothing about this car is good!

Weaknesses: ok i really dont know where to begin describing this piece of junk for about 30,000. First of all, what kind of a bs is Honda playing on us, charging 30k for this piece of junk! arent new cars supposed to be powerful and smooth??? well i bought mine last week and this mess is a junk! I should have definetely bought the new Tiburon, where all you pay is 15,000 (half of a lude) for leather, sun roof, great shifting and mean power, great premium sound system, nice smooth ride, low tone muffler, and tons more!. Who has seen a car where you have to pay for such basic accessories such as sunroof, cup holders, leather, alloy wheels, when you are paying 30grand!!! this is insane waste of money! the vtec engine is not all that powerful and i think a tiburon would definitely smoke it. (if you dont think so, go test drive one and you will know what i know). The design is too blocky, and stiff and the interior rattles too much! the back seat construction is very poorly done and the brakes failed on me already and i have had this car for 10 days!!!! the shifting of 5 speed is too rough and the car jerks when you shift up. And i have been driving stick for 10 years so i know what a bad manual transmission is. Please if you are buying a car, dont buy this 100% lemon. Prelude is a lemon!

Compared To: have test drove a Tiburon. Tiburon is a heaven and a driver's dream come true for the great price and the warranty. I was going to buy the tiburon but i was forced to pay 30k for this junk when i could have had 2 wonderful tiburons in yellow and silver!
also have testdrove a celica and celicas are wonderful too

Review Summary: Honda Preludes are a fraud! do not get tricked into buying this lemon for the fact that it has a Vtec engine. The vtec is a fraud also. this mess, i dont know what to do with. i wanna get rid of this car fast and buy me a tiburon. If you are interested in buying my prelude, email me at:
[email protected] ; i only have 200 miles on my prelude. i will sell it cheap, about 15,000 dollars, half of what i paid. I hate this junk!!!!"

---This guy must be a retard for paying 30k for a Prelude

SAM

·
Registered
653 Posts
damn this ****** has some balls. a hyundai smoking a honda? i doubt that this car could even run with a dx civic let alone a vtec prelude. this man is crazy. and 30,000? why didnt he buy an s2000? just like 2,740 more right? i paid like 21,500 for my baby and this "vtec garbage" can sure smoke a tiburon pretty bad. who worte this review anyways?

------------------
My Prelude! The patented multi-jumping makes you crazy sprinter and spin happy!

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Sam,

The fraud here is not Honda...lol.

This guy obviously does NOT own a Prelude.

It appears he owns a Tiburon, and is just slamming on the Prelude for fun. Anyone who would pay $30K would win the "Most taken advantange of by a dealer" award for this decade.

The guy is simply just a fraud, and who knows, he may not even own a car, but just doesn't like Hondas.

·
Registered
838 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VietTEC_Speedy:
damn this ****** has some balls. a hyundai smoking a honda? i doubt that this car could even run with a dx civic let alone a vtec prelude. this man is crazy. and 30,000? why didnt he buy an s2000? just like 2,740 more right? i paid like 21,500 for my baby and this "vtec garbage" can sure smoke a tiburon pretty bad. who worte this review anyways?

</font>
Here's his email:- [email protected]
Also, I'm sure he must have bought a defective Prelude.

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a link to all the people who reviewed the Prelude. It ranges from all Gen's of Lude, not just the 5th. The interesting thing about these reviews is that they're mainly unbiased b/c most of these drivers/reviewers are into modding their car. http://www.carreview.com/reviews/sports_cars/product_192.shtml

SAM

------------------
OG H-A Member

Former Lude owner, now pimping my mom's 1987 Cutlass Supreme w/ custom rust paint job for now :(
METS SUCK!!!!!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
Sam,

The fraud here is not Honda...lol.

This guy obviously does NOT own a Prelude.

It appears he owns a Tiburon, and is just slamming on the Prelude for fun. Anyone who would pay $30K would win the "Most taken advantange of by a dealer" award for this decade.

The guy is simply just a fraud, and who knows, he may not even own a car, but just doesn't like Hondas.
</font>
Thank YOU! I was going to make this comment if I didn't see it!

Puhleeeeze...this guy wishes he could afford to own a nice prelude, but he can't...so, in a fit of envy he went and read all the gripes about preludes and decided to trash on them....

even better...he's probably a tiburon owner who, for fun, wanted to start an argument

what a lllLLLLOOOOWHOOOOWHOOOOOSSSEEEEER!

------------------
2000 Ficus Green Prelude - Powered by WAAAAAAAAH PPPSSSHSHHH

What stands between a Prelude Driver and an ear to ear grin? About 5500 RPMs!

my next mod:
Larger Picture

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hey Sam! I was in atlanta this past week for a professional conference and we went to the Thursday night baseball game....bleah...LOL I guess I can't complain too much..oh wait..as a braves fan for the last 15 years, I sure as HELL CAN!!!!! Who was that schmuck pitching? DAYUM!

I swear...it sucks when the first few weeks of the season are an extended spring training/roster trimming period

------------------
2000 Ficus Green Prelude - Powered by WAAAAAAAAH PPPSSSHSHHH

What stands between a Prelude Driver and an ear to ear grin? About 5500 RPMs!

my next mod:
Larger Picture

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Tiburons come with a huge combat wing that doesnt even go with the rest of ugly ass body. The thing has like 3 headlights on both sides too. Whoever designed the car needs to be shot. The only people that buy those tirburons are people that work at supermarkets for some reason.

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
While the Tiburon is ugly, I think it's a decent car for the money (I have no clue about the reliability on the new Hyundais though.) It is faster and feels sportier than say... a Civic EX, Focus ZX3 or Corolla S.

Then again, for that money I'd probably get one of those new Sentra SEs.

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Wow, that kid really has nothing better to do...anyway, that email address....looks like someones name that's on here, who is it?...you guys know what i'm talking about?

------------------
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

1995 Prelude VTEC w/ mods of course.
Why waste $ on a stereo? I juz' wan' speeeeeed n' looks:)

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Hm...next time i smoke a Tiburon, I'll make sure to think of that guy who did the review.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gills:
Wow, that kid really has nothing better to do...anyway, that email address....looks like someones name that's on here, who is it?...you guys know what i'm talking about?

</font>

i know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
i love the tibby! they were sold out everywhere so i had to settle for the lude

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
I like to rub my nipples while watching the shopping channel </font>

1 - 20 of 45 Posts