Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys may have already seen this. AEM has dyno plots for a bunch of applications on thier site. I clicked on a bunch of them and AEM shows worse gains in hp and torque on the prelude than just about any other car.

http://www.aempower.com/application/induction_application.htm

here is the prelude
http://www.aempower.com/pdf/results/21-4061997-2001preludeshcas.pdf

and for comparison an eclipse
http://www.aempower.com/pdf/results/21-4322000MitsubishiEclipseGTCAS.pdf

do you guys think that peak in torque around 3750 rpm and the slight increase in hp above 6000 rpms make up for the fact that half of each graph is actually lower than stock.

I guess the important thing is 0-60 and quarter mile times. Anyone actually try a before and after with a CAI?

·
Registered
482 Posts
well when you are doing 1/4 most of your time is spent above 4,000 its spent above 5000 so the 5 hp helps.. on the street midrange maybe not but not really noticeable.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
The OEM intake on the prelude works quite well. In fact, most of the OEM components offer performance close to aftermarket parts. I think honda did a good job with the H22 from the factory. End result being you aren't going to gain a whole lot for the $1000 you spend on an I/H/E

·
Registered
548 Posts
^agreed, but i think a lotta people get it for the visuals and/or sound....

i personally have the apex'i ws and i love the look and it sounds deeper than stock... i didn't buy it for gains, but i have no regrets in the purchase. same goes for my intake, i knew i wouldn't gain much, but it's still unrestrictive cold air flow and as many would attest, they prolly like the sound too.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I bought mine basically for the sound :)

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i like the shiny finish.....

·
Roar!
665 Posts
The car feels better to drive. Feels like it can breathe more.
+ I drive stick better when I can here my exhaust over my music.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Preludes are worthless to modify unless your going to go all out IMO. We dont get any noticable gains for spending less than $1000 on the engine

:mad:

·
Putt Putt...Vroom Vroom!
2,821 Posts
fierce said:
Preludes are worthless to modify unless your going to go all out IMO. We dont get any noticable gains for spending less than $1000 on the engine

:mad:
its true, but as long as you're happy with what you have...does it really matter? When I get frustrated with my car I take it out to the canyons :D And when it feels slow I just drive my accord for a few days. Fixes the butt dyno :laugh:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
DudewithaLude said:

its true, but as long as you're happy with what you have...does it really matter? When I get frustrated with my car I take it out to the canyons :D And when it feels slow I just drive my accord for a few days. Fixes the butt dyno :laugh:
Im completely happy with my car, Im just not wasting anymore money on my engine :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts