Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
I'd own that shop, if i was you.

When you have someone as red handed as you do, i would of expected all my new parts for free, as well as some cash reimbursement. Lets not forget about the time/effort lost. And the potential damage that could have arised, had you of not noticed something wrong during your first highspeed twisty pass.

:big****you: to anyone who intentionally damages stuff to make money. But yes, definately good job on checking things out.

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Bluluded said:
tell you the truth, any mechanic would've done this. And anyone of you guys would've done this. If you guys f*ck up at work, do you guys tell the owner/manager what happened or do you guys try to cover up the problem first. He f*cked up people, i'm sure he wouldn't have done this to harm someone like grinding down a brake line or something.
wtf? :eek: ummm, no. he had no reason to be in that area of things. that was nothing but intentional. And yes, if I **** up, and it could hurt things long term, I fess up. Better that than have someone find it later. :nono:

The "leave them alone" posts in this thread are absolutely ridiculous. there's 0 excuse for something like this to happen, and that shop would pay hell.

I'd EXPECT new parts, as well as a FULL power steering flush before the new parts went on, that's for damn sure.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so...Owner called me back, said he called his 4 suppliers and they can't get any new ps pumps.

i said...ok put on the reman one and give me a lifetime warranty. he said he couldn't do that. (i'm thinking, why the hell not...it can't cost you much at all, compared to a lawsuit) ...but i said ok whatever, just fix it and get it over with...

...just now, i called 2 places, and the second, our favorite norm reeves honda superstore in cerritos, just happens to have -50- brand new honda prelude 5th gen ps pumps. surprise surprise?

reman=$330, new=$592

so i called Owner, said go call Norm, confirm the part number, and get me a new one.

Owner called back and said he would have the new part friday by 10. ...wonderful eh?

so that's where it stands now. i'm getting tired of this, and my pump is making weird clicking noises at ~2800 rpm now.

i also did the steering linkage adjustment last night, to eliminate that as a possible influence to the problem i felt... it did tighten up the steering a bit, but i've concluded that the linkage is not related to the overall problem.

grrr!

·
Registered
1 Posts
you guys why does he have to take such agressive actions? He caught the sabatoge and he adressed it. The mechaniec bought him new parts and at the end he lost money. But best of all he learned his lesson. Isnt that enough? No need to drain everything out of someone who already has troubles (if he didnt have troubles he wouldnt have sabatoged GenrAsian1's car in the first place)
It could have caused a crash and killed someone.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts