Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a good one on you guys...... I'm 17 and have a perfect record so far. I'm paying $275 full coverage every 6 months with a $1000 deductible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
are you on your parent's account?? they can be listed as the primary driver and you as a secondary driver and that will lower the rate a lot. some insurance companies will let you insure the car for any driver, so kids do not need to be listed on the account.
good luck with that perfect record :) i had mine til i was 19. then got two tickets and an accident within two weeks. since then, i can't even begin to count the traffic violations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jitsu666 said:
are you on your parent's account?? they can be listed as the primary driver and you as a secondary driver and that will lower the rate a lot. some insurance companies will let you insure the car for any driver, so kids do not need to be listed on the account.
good luck with that perfect record :) i had mine til i was 19. then got two tickets and an accident within two weeks. since then, i can't even begin to count the traffic violations.

ya im a secondary driver thank god, and i hope i keep my clean record......my dad is the po po.........i've been pulled over once but was let off thank god.
 

·
...under an umbrella
Joined
·
1,489 Posts
$1000 :eek: that's insane (even if you did get into a fender bender, you're better off to take it out of pocket)...then again so is $550 for a full year's coverage. Sweet deal.

btw this belongs in OT :eek:
 

·
Offtrack excursion expert
Joined
·
6,762 Posts
SouthSider said:



ya im a secondary driver thank god, and i hope i keep my clean record......my dad is the po po.........i've been pulled over once but was let off thank god.
Thats why. If it was your own policy, then it'd be double... though that still isn't much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
silverbullit2K1 said:


Thats why. If it was your own policy, then it'd be double... though that still isn't much.
as a primrary i would pay 1200 every six months with a $1000 deductible still
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
It is about the deductible. Personally, I would rather have lower deductibles and pay a little more in insurance rates. My car is in the shop for wind damage to the windshield, hood, front bumper and headlights...etc. The total cost of the damage is over 1500, and all i pay is my $100 deductible.
 

·
Baller....
Joined
·
565 Posts
That's cool that it's that cheap but once you go to get your own policy it's gonna be that much more cause you gotta start all over. I been on my own for 4 years now and i pay 1500 a year and that covers everything, fire, theft, my system. But for right now that's not a bad deal for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pearl-lude99 said:
That's cool that it's that cheap but once you go to get your own policy it's gonna be that much more cause you gotta start all over. I been on my own for 4 years now and i pay 1500 a year and that covers everything, fire, theft, my system. But for right now that's not a bad deal for you.

im only 17 and any money im spending is taking away from other things.
 

·
grrrrrrr
Joined
·
1,574 Posts
ahhhhh, secondary driver :rolleyes:

I would take a huge deductable on a 92 as well. If anything major happens to it, it'll probably be written off anyway, and I wouldn't report little things either because it'll cause your insurance to go up. So ya, I'd take the deductable and go for the cheap yearly rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yield said:
ahhhhh, secondary driver :rolleyes:

I would take a huge deductable on a 92 as well. If anything major happens to it, it'll probably be written off anyway, and I wouldn't report little things either because it'll cause your insurance to go up. So ya, I'd take the deductable and go for the cheap yearly rate.

Thats what im thinking also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Whats your deductible on comprehensive, and what are your limits of liability? I am just curious cause most people don't think of those things, and you never no what can happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
willmbrk said:
Whats your deductible on comprehensive, and what are your limits of liability? I am just curious cause most people don't think of those things, and you never no what can happen.
i dont know to tell you the truth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Make sure you check that out. Comprehensive is very important because chances are that you will use it. Comprehensive covers theft, wind damage...etc. Limits of liability is important because if they are at 30k, and you hit a M5 BMW, for example, and you cause 40k in damage, you have to pay the difference not covered. I am just giving you something to think about and look into.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
i pay 258$ a mo. I have a SR22, I'm 23 years old. 500$ deduct.


My insurance came down from $303, because i've been driving the last 1 1/2 years without having a incident. ((seriously knocking on some wood))
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top