Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my weapon rs yesterday 285 shipped to my door. since my car is runnin like **** i thought i would just park it today and put them on.
is it neccesary to disable the airbags before doing this? i read that out of a chiltens manual. but wanted to make sure before i go ahead and do or dont do

------------------
86 Honda Accord LXi (sold)
94 Honda Prelude Vtec
Sony CDX-M650
4 6.5 Xplod Speakers
Xplod 100x2 amp
1 12 Xplod ES
Viper 300+
Clear Corners
Clear Signals
Clear Sides
Aerospeed Bomb Custom Catback
Cheap Custom Intake
16 in. Primax 104 w/
205/45/16 Toyo Proxes
http://hometown.aol.com/hondapreludevt94/

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes siree, 285. my buddy luke has himslef a dealers license, so he hooked me up. and yeah i was readin on how to remove the shock assembly and it said before i get started to disable the airbags????

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
you could have gotten skunk 2's or GC for that much man. But i doubt that you need to disable the airbags or whatever. are you planning to upgrade you shocks in the near future? I suggest you do so.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
195 Posts
Given I got a 4th gen., but I did not disable my airbags to install my coil-overs/ shocks, and I did not have a problem.

------------------
'93 Black Si Lude (h23 power'd)

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
did you consult us before buying those coilovers? you should have gone with Ground Controls. but its too late for that now.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
ok no offense but weapon r coilovers aren't even worth the boxes they come in. get ready for the worst squeaking of your life. their perches and collars, and spring rates (STIFF) are a little different than the GC's too. anyway, no, you don't have to disable the airbags or anything for that matter on your car to install struts, coilovers or springs.

I would also like to add your buddy Luke isn't a very good friend if he got you weapon r's for such high price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts