Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some random searches and couldn't get anything that would help me. I also went to NTPOG and there was nothing there either.

OKay...there are 4 wires. Red goes to the power source. Black goes to ground. Green goes to the tach line and white goes to ignition (i think).

I don't know where to find the tach line and where the heck do i hook up the white wire?

--Sam
(this is for an autometer tach)

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

G

·
Look at the wires going to your ignition coil. I'm pretty sure the white wire connects to the green wire going to your ignition coil.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay..not that many people could help me out on this issue..anyways..I just went to the www.autometer.com site and downloaded a pdf file from there.

Okay..let me correct myself then.

Green wire - coil negative
Black - Ground
Red - ignition switch (+)
White - 12 V dash lighting

Now I guess that sounds simple enough.. my only question to myself and anyone who would know is..How the hell does the tach work if you don't have it connected to the tach line?

VA Ludin: I just want a little more accuracy from an external tach. I've heard that the stock tach is a little off +500 rpms or a little more.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
I connected the green wire to the RPM Signal wire at the ECU. There's a pic of which wire it is here:
http://www.ntpog.org/mods/fifth-afc/afc2.jpg
</font>
yup, thats how you do it. splice the line from your ecu connection.

to double check...go to....

www.apexi-usa.com look at their installation pdf files for the v-afc and look up the rpm signal wire for our cars.

simple as can be =]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts