Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installin two 12vol led lights under the dash by the feet holes. tell me theres a way to hook them to the wire that controls the head lights. so they go on only when you want them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the leds

heres the leds im lookin at buyin,

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLEXIBLE-9-LED-STRIP-GREAT-CAR-AUDIO-PROJECT-LIGHTING_W0QQitemZ370147563397QQihZ024QQcategoryZ67773QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem[/URL]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes you can. the best way is to wire them into the light that illuminates the coin bucket. Just tap those wires and bingo. But why not just wire them to a switch?

·
Registered
254 Posts
installin two 12vol led lights under the dash by the feet holes. tell me theres a way to hook them to the wire that controls the head lights. so they go on only when you want them.
theres a way to hook them to the wire that controls the head lights.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
The coin bucket turns on with the parking lights. It's easier to tap the parking light wire from the harness in the fuse panel area.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
ehhh, why do you want to do that? this will make the footwell lights be on ALL the time if the parking lights are on.

i've done this two different ways: (one is simpler and the other is a bit more complex but safer.)

the former involves pulling out your dome light and wiring the 12v+ lead to the yellow wire. i think there are two or three but either one should do the trick. then you just ground the footwell lights near wherever they lay. this also makes them fade with the dome light.

the latter involves a relay and the door trigger. i'll just link you to my write up instead of repeating myself: http://www.preludeonline.com/f60/write-up-footwell-courtesy-lights-236585/

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
I just reread the original post and taping any wires doesn't constitute "on when you want them". If only want them on when you want them then just wire a them to a switch and 12v source. Then you can flip them on whenever you want. Constant for even when the car is off or ignition when the car is on. Or do it Shimees way and only when the door is open. Depends on how you want to use it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks for the help, i think ill wire them to the dome lights and make a switch for them, where do ya'll think it would look best, the switch? Anyone know where to get some BALLING leds, for cheap? Besides ebay, thanks!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i've been thinking of doing that. but i'm too lazy to figure out how to wire up a momentary switch so it lights up when the glovebox door is open.

i came up with a plan on how to get a light housing in there (i got hold of a housing like the one in our trunks) just not how it would work. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts