Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i got some pioneers, and im going to be running them off of a aftermarket head unit, but i cant figure out how to wire them into the stock plug where the original door speakers are. Heres some pics.

Thats what im workin with and it'd be great if someone could tell me how to wire them up. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
you can buy a speaker harness at best buy or somewhere that sells car audio supplies. it will plug into that stock speaker plug and have the two wires(pos. and neg.) to connect to the speaker. this way you dont have to cut the stock plug off.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I went through the major headache of running a dedicated line (14 or 16 gauge, can't remember) all the way from the amp (in trunk) to the speakers (through the door jam hardness). Not sure I'd want to do it a second time as it involved drilling through the door hardness clips to make room for the cable to pass through. That's the hard way to do it. Any other way is child's play.

Can't you just splice and patch into the two cables that connect to your stock speakers? I'd use solder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts