Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
IM CURED!
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how easy is it to drill into your trunk lid to install a wing? do you need any special tools to do it other than a drill bit?has anyone done this before?

·
artificially sweet
951 Posts
Just a high power drill. I had to drill holes in my trunk for the ww whale tail. Just do a lot of measuring and marking before you start to put holes in.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
a good sharp drill bit and a "regular" drill is all you need. Body work is rather thin and easy to drill through.

·
Official PO.com Fob
2,062 Posts
what kind of wing are you installing? OEM? cuz i installed mine myself, honda marked holes for the spoiler. just open up ur trunk and look along the edges, you should find soft spots where the holes should go....took me like 15 minutes

·
IM CURED!
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im installing a pro gt1 vis carbon fiber wing.
i ask this ? because i have herd people doing it with a drill bit and i have seen some kind of bit that looks like a cone, does anyone know what im talking about?

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
Very easy in my old focus i installed all my wings :) i used a regular drill bit no cone one.

·