Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a vafc on my 5gen not a week ago...everything was running great initially and the only setting i had was for the vtec x-over....then today i decided to punch in the settings found on that AOL site and about a couple hours later the damn CE light is on again and i know i'm in safety mode again...sluggish throttle, the works...can anyone tell me what's up?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i reset my ecu this morning and it's gone and safety mode is gone too....just a question though, is it necessary to disconnect the v-afc when you disc the battery? that's what i did anyway just to be on the safe side...just wondering if it was necessary. Also, when i reconnected my battery i turned the power on but not the engine with the vafc still disconnected...no CE light...however, when i reconnected the vafc and turned the power on i got the CE light again.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
its probably your connections, i have never had a problem with my SFC-VTEC, the only code i have ever gotten after the vtec controller was a cylinder position sensor. All i did was disconnect the battery, and it went away and has never come back. The car didnt go into "limp" mode. it ran fine.

------------------
Dan Yi
99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37MIC Metro Import Crew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts