Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a cold air intake on my 96 lude and now the throttle is sticky, I'm wondering if i messed something up with the mass air sensor any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know that when I installed my V2 on my intake, I followed my instructions that came with it. And it told me to unhook a vacuum line from the intake manifold, and just completely remove it, and me being a massive pot-head, I didn't think twice about it. But leaving that off, not plugging it up or anything made mine act weird. May not be the same problem though...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did you plug the vacuum tube on the back of the intake manifold, rip out the old resonator box (w/ electrical plug) and plug in all your vacuum hoses?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe the air admitted by the CAI was too hot (near the engine), it can modify the air/fuel ratio.
Is recomended too for any modification that you made in your car, reset the ECU, to modify the old parameters.

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
Maybe the air admitted by the CAI was too hot (near the engine), it can modify the air/fuel ratio.
Is recomended too for any modification that you made in your car, reset the ECU, to modify the old parameters.
Nah, the ecu can account for that. It is good practice, but not enough to cause the symptoms stated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts