Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SUP GUYS AND GALS, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME DECIDE ON SOME CAMBER KITS.WHICH IS BETTER FOR MY 5TH GEN.I CAN GET BOTH FOR AROUND THE SAME PRICE.ALSO, IS THE REAR OR THE FRONT NEEDED MORE.ALSO, ARE TOKICO BLUES ANYGOOD?

THANKS

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I know nothing about Tokico shocks-I only use Koni.
Now as to Camber kits--my 5th gen Base has Ingalls in the rear and Specialty Products in front. Springs are Neuspeed Sport. It all depends on what springs you use and the alignment data you get after the drop--this will determine which kits to order. BTW: I recommend you do both sides to maintain proper geometry-mainly in the front. That is my experience.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i have eibach sportlines with progress kit up front and ingalls in the rear. This combo works great for me..i have no complaints. But like jc836 said..it depends what kind of drop you have. You may not need them at all or maybe just in the front. Get an alignment first to see if you need them. And yes..tokico blue shocks are good, i have them also!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Camber kits YUCK...they make the worst noises when the car is cold.

I opted to have the control arms bent, and allignment is perfect w/ Eibach Pro-Kit.

------------------

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have front progress camber kits for my car, and im considering bending the control arms for the rear. Im currently on stock shocks, but i will be getting Konis or KYBs later. Do u guys know if i will have to bend the control arm again? Wondering if the shocks will affect the height of my car.

streetweapon - how much did it cost to bend ur control arms? btw, nice pics and what kind of seats do u have?

-Tony

------------------
98' Diamond White Type SH:
RS*R Down Springs, Tanabe G-Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Strut Bar, APEX-i VAFC, JDM Fogs, 18" RH Evos D6000, OEM Front Lip (On its way)

[This message has been edited by TcT118 (edited May 02, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
im not sure about the KYB's, but you can change your ride height with the yellows just by setting the spring on a lower perch setting.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Paid close to $200 for front and back bend.

I got the the leather package for $1500 at the dealership (thought I might as well just bent over....and let them screw me some more)

However I do like the way my interior is now....so no real complaints.

------------------

·
Registered
235 Posts
streetweapon - heard ur getting new shocks, once u do will u have to bend the control arm again? Wondering if the shocks will affect the ride height( new vs. blown out stocks). And which degree did u bend the control arm to? I heard to go a little bit under 0 is good and doesnt increase tire wear that much.

oh yea, where did u get it done at? since ur also in so cal i presume.

-Tony

------------------
98' Diamond White Type SH:
RS*R Down Springs, Tanabe G-Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Strut Bar, APEX-i VAFC, JDM Fogs, 18" RH Evos D6000, OEM Front Lip (On its way)

·
Registered
309 Posts
TcT118 - I'm not sure if I'll need to have them bent again...good question. Either way I need new shocks though, so I guess I figure that out once I get them.

Also...now that I think about it...I'm not sure that they bent the control arms (but they definatly bent something).

Yes...A little under zero...and if I could do it again...I'd have straightened the back a lot less because they wern't wear badly in the first place, and now I get a little more rub on the fender wells.

Here's the info for the shop I had it done at:

Mikes Frame / Allignment
7716 Dearing
Conoga Park, CA
818-346-0070

-------------------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts