Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed the ingall camber kit 3573 (which is the 1.25"-3" correction) and the control arms for the fronts are comin pretty damn close to the inner body.

anyone have any experience with this?
ingalls site says,"Adjusting beyond 2° may require altering the inner fender lining for control arm clearance." (which it isnt)

how would i alter it? it seems like the only way is to let it hit and alter the wall itself.

TIA

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
to alter it you'd have to cut it, or bend it (or, let it do it itself, which isn't recommended). Most people use a Dremel to shave a divit in the body to clear the control arm. I personally didn't need to alter anything, and I'm dropped on the lowest perch of my koni's on H&R Stage 2 Race springs.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have it adjusted all the way over to the 1.25 degrees (which is the smallest degree i can go) and i cant imagine moving it over past that. the side of the control arm wouldnt clear when i drop the car back down.

as of right now i'm worried when i hit a decent size bump it'll make contact with something...

prelude styl....you have the 3753 (1.25-3)????

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Honestly I can't tell you which part # I have, but I know that I have Ingalls, and that I have no camber being dropped that low, so I must have that kit. And it's not pushed all the way in, it's adjusted out quite a bit.

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
hhaha i see you got the kit already on derick

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
prelude styl said:
to alter it you'd have to cut it, or bend it (or, let it do it itself, which isn't recommended). Most people use a Dremel to shave a divit in the body to clear the control arm. I personally didn't need to alter anything, and I'm dropped on the lowest perch of my koni's on H&R Stage 2 Race springs.
This is encouraging. When I replace my upper right control arm tomorrow, I was beginning to thing that my ball joints go bad every year b/c of a lack of clearance, and maybe the body was not letting the control arm move like it was supposed to. I'll bring my dremel anyway, maybe I'll have to perform some minor surgery.

J

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yeah, I think every lude is a little different, they aren't all made Exactly the same, there's always a little deviation, some people have to trim a little, some don't.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
This is what I hate. I'll never know why I bottom out a lot, and nobody else seems to, even though they are lower than I am. I mean, I talk w/ dudes all the time who have Neuspeed race springs on the bottom perches of their Konis, and have no problems whatsoever. I have a factory freak engine, but they held back a lil' on my suspension components.

J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts