Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nuke'em til they glow!
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an information post for all 5th Gen owners.

The oxygen sensors for the 5th Gen base models are the same (Primary and Secondary).

Honda lists these parts for $250.00 each, but sells the Primary with one harness and the secondary with another harness.

The manufacturer of the O2 sensors is NTK (a division of NGK, the spark plug company).

The NTK part number for the 5th Gen is #24061. You can commonly find their aftermarket part for $150.00. (Though I've been able to find it for about $115.00). [http://www.oxygensensor.net/]

The weird thing is that when you order it they send you the rear configurationed O2 sensor. So you have to remove the clips that are specific to the rear (secondary) O2 sensor.

Additionally, you need to wiretie the cable into the 2nd bracket next to the connector for the harness. The keeps the O2 harness from rubbing on the half-shaft.

=Gerhard

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
FYI, Majestic Honda has OEM ones for $183, but $115 is an awesome price.

·
Nuke'em til they glow!
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fmshaw1971 said:
FYI, Majestic Honda has OEM ones for $183, but $115 is an awesome price.
Manchester was $173.00...

I still stunned by how much they charge.

Gerhard

·
Premium Member
42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Actually, this is a good thread. I'm adding to the FAQ.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So is it being said that the upstream and downstream o2 sensors are the same? Many sites and the parts stores list them as before and after the cat.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
So is it being said that the upstream and downstream o2 sensors are the same? Many sites and the parts stores list them as before and after the cat.
from what I saw on the sparkplugs.com site the rear one is different because the wire length is something like 22" and the front is 18" or so. Other than that they look identical from their pictures.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 97 prelude (SH) and after doing a lot of research to figure out if there was a difference in O2 sensors for my car there wasn't. A lot of sites will show that there is an upstream and downstream but when I ordered mine, I chose front and rear and when they came they were the same pt # and same O2 sensors. I installed them and everything worked fine and the code my car was flagging didn't come back after I reset the computer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts