Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone experienced this problem, they were working fine this morning and now there off. Could it be that they got disconected, or do i need to buy a new set???

someone help me out here

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
mine go out every so often, i just whack the transformer box, and they come back on. :bigthumb:

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
try to make sure that your connection isn't loose.. maybe ur wires just aren't connected/crimped correctly

either that or they're just too old haha

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
how did they go out?
all at the same time or one is on and one is off?

You might have the smae thing happen as me. My power transorfmer broke. So i just replaced that and now they are working. If you can get your hands on a new transformer or a friends....u can narrow it down to whats wrong....either gauges themselves or the tranformer.
then just either buy new once or buy a transformer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Me too

I had some NR Automotive Regular Indiglos, and they crapped out. The blue crapped out first, and then the green. I was mad because I got overpriced on it anyway.

Anyway, I'm going with the reverse indiglos from www.procarparts.com - they look better anyway, and they are a lot cheaper.

R.J.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cost Difference

Why do the reverse cost more?

Here are my theories:
1.) They are more desirable. I personally think reverse indiglos are more attractive than regular indiglos.
2.) They have less volume of movement. It could be that they sell more regular indiglos, so to keep a good profit margin on the reverse indiglos, they have to raise above production cost more.
3.) They are harder to make. I would guess because there is more opaque material (regular indiglos only have opaque numbers) it could be that the stamping process is more difficult? not likely on this one, but... shrug.

Anyway,

R.J.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
well if my indiglos go out im going back to OEM...

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
CTPRELUDE said:
How come the reverse gauges are like $20 more than the other ones.
supply and demand

why does the spicy chicken combo cost 3.19 where the bbq bacon cheeseburger combo is 2.99 at carls jr, when both sandwiches are 99 cents on their own?

because more ppl order the spicy chicken combo

meh

indiglos can suck this:
[cheap plug]
[/cheap plug]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ludatic said:
try to make sure that your connection isn't loose.. maybe ur wires just aren't connected/crimped correctly

either that or they're just too old haha

okay, i started messing with the wires and when i started messing with a black one, they came back on, but they go off again after a while then i mess with it agian and they come back on, when they installed my tach they might of left it loose if they tapt in to it or something is what im thinking. To re-wire it would it cost alot??? i dont wanna take the dash apart on my own.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Do it yourself. Its soo easy... just take 1 hour out of your time and patience....then do it yourself that way you know it will be done right and carefully.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SK Honda 7 said:
Do it yourself. Its soo easy... just take 1 hour out of your time and patience....then do it yourself that way you know it will be done right and carefully.

iv'e never done nothing like this, so im scared that ill disconect something im not supposed to.

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
u need to make sure the black wire is grounded correctly..

a ground is any metal part on ur car..

usually u take the black wire and have it squeezed in between a metal screw and a metal frame on the car

don't take something this simple to a shop..

i see you're in so cal, i can help u out if u need, PM me or find me on AIM at JonLea123 if u need any more help

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ludatic said:
u need to make sure the black wire is grounded correctly..

a ground is any metal part on ur car..

usually u take the black wire and have it squeezed in between a metal screw and a metal frame on the car

don't take something this simple to a shop..

i see you're in so cal, i can help u out if u need, PM me or find me on AIM at JonLea123 if u need any more help

ill probably do it this weekend when i have time, ill certainly let you know if i need help. THANKS

·
Official PO.com Fob
2,062 Posts
Ludatic said:

supply and demand

why does the spicy chicken combo cost 3.19 where the bbq bacon cheeseburger combo is 2.99 at carls jr, when both sandwiches are 99 cents on their own?

because more ppl order the spicy chicken combo

wow jon...that's deep :eek: never thought about it THAT way haha :laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts