Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my first post here...

I'm thinking about installing some indiglo face gauges. Anyone have any pics of what it looks like? Does it match w/ the rest of the interior?

Thanks
Halani

------------------
'97 Prelude
...Stock...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
cool welcome aboard! sorry no pics though from me. i dont have them installed. some sayit matches well with interior, some say its too bright to match during the day. for me i feel its too bright, doesnt go with the dark black interior.

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
I'd definitely like to install some white-faced guages but unfortunately, i have no idea what kind of process/time that is involved. Anyone who installed different guages, how hard was it to install yourself? Was the dash hard to take apart? what kinda time are we lookin at?

Thanks for you help


------------------
1997 Prelude SH
Eagle F1 tires
Iceman CAI,
cleared side markers
Cleared signals
JDM fogs
Clifford G4 alarm
 

·
THE LONELY MONK
Joined
·
6,005 Posts
Be Original


------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

[This message has been edited by checkmate58 (edited April 02, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
holy $hitballz, how the hell did you do that?

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)
 

·
SuperMod
Joined
·
7,962 Posts
Are those the reverse indiglos?
Damn nice! The only thing I'd be concerned about is night vision. That shiat must f*ck you up good at night.
 

·
THE LONELY MONK
Joined
·
6,005 Posts

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KQ:
holy $hitballz, how the hell did you do that?
</font>
See how bright they are at night? anyways.. my friend customed it for me..he did the work on it for a birthday present.

--Sam
 

·
THE LONELY MONK
Joined
·
6,005 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pter:
Are those the reverse indiglos?
Damn nice! The only thing I'd be concerned about is night vision. That shiat must f*ck you up good at night.
</font>
Well..i have a switch to the side that can turn them off..my friend is going to wire a capacitator to them so that when you turn on the switch..they will go from dim to bright slowly..like powering up.

As for messin up your eyes..not too bad.. maybe after like 4 or 5 hours of driving non-stop with them on..makes your eyes a little blurry...and yes..i have drove 4-5 hours nonstop...and no..it's not indiglo.

--Sam


------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC
 

·
SuperMod
Joined
·
7,962 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:

Well..i have a switch to the side that can turn them off..my friend is going to wire a capacitator to them so that when you turn on the switch..they will go from dim to bright slowly..like powering up.

As for messin up your eyes..not too bad.. maybe after like 4 or 5 hours of driving non-stop with them on..makes your eyes a little blurry...and yes..i have drove 4-5 hours nonstop...and no..it's not indiglo.

--Sam
</font>
Maybe you should incorporate a dimmer switch (potentiometer) in there. So those long drives won't be so bad. So it's just a backlight then? On your stock gauges? That's still pretty cool looking
 

·
THE LONELY MONK
Joined
·
6,005 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pter:
Maybe you should incorporate a dimmer switch (potentiometer) in there. So those long drives won't be so bad. So it's just a backlight then? On your stock gauges? That's still pretty cool looking
</font>
Pter: Yeah..good idea man..I'm gonna have to look into that..i do like the brightness though..because on the freeway..it makes my face all blue..and i look like a ghost driving bye..hahahaha..




------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
checkmate58 said:
Well..i have a switch to the side that can turn them off..my friend is going to wire a capacitator to them so that when you turn on the switch..they will go from dim to bright slowly..like powering up.

As for messin up your eyes..not too bad.. maybe after like 4 or 5 hours of driving non-stop with them on..makes your eyes a little blurry...and yes..i have drove 4-5 hours nonstop...and no..it's not indiglo.

--Sam


------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

whatever link this is ... it's dead... can you email me the pics? [email protected]
 

·
Unregistered User
Joined
·
4,287 Posts
Man talk about old thread, 5 years ago link is dead and probably so are the pix.
 

·
Unregistered User
Joined
·
4,287 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top