Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1997 Honda Prelude with an automatic transmission. It is a fast car but I don't think it is quite fast enough. I am ok with its 196 Hp but I would like to do something about the 156 ft/lbs. of torque. I don't want to turbocharge the engine because I don't want to rip the engine up. My friend said to put a new performance computer chip in but the only one I found will only increase the torque by 10 ft/lbs. and that I would still like more. If anyone knows anything else I can do or knows of a better computer chip, please reply to this post. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Chips don't do anything on Hondas. Sorry to burst your dream of more torque...but there's really no inexpensive way to make any sigificant gains in torque or horsepower. Most people start with a cold-air intake (AEM or Iceman), headers (DC Sports, Mugen, etc.), and exhaust (GReddy, DC Sports, 5Zigen, etc.). These basic bolt-ons are known by their common abreviation--I/H/E, by the way. A good combination will bring torque up probably 10 ft/lbs and horsepower 15-25 I'd say. But, the parts alone are at least $1,000 new...plus installation costs.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH (stock)
-15.4 @ 90.8 (finally! ;))

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
DOn't underdrive pulleys increase low end torque?

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts