Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
12,803 Posts
Resized fine here! Both on desktop and laptop.
Win 10 & chrome OS on both. But using non enhanced view on the forums.

You post pictures like drunk people: completely unaware of the mechanics of taking and posting pictures, of which really beg more questions than answer.
I used to care and would take the time to resize and whatnot.

Nowadays if I'm doing that much to post a picture i'm not going to post it at all. The software handles it for me :shrug:

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm on Chrome and pics did not resize for me either.
Which version? Even with my work (older) version of Chrome (v. 74.0.3729.108), it still resized just fine.

PC, Win7(4evr), Firefox
Maybe it's a Firefox thing? :confused:

Anyways, resized it thru Imgur. The resolution is configured for forums.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is your stinger that light grey color or white?

P.s. congrats!
Thanks! I think of the color as sitting between silver and white, Ceramic Silver officially. At some angles and lighting, it does look white, while others, more silver. A few people thought it was a military camo color of some sort. Maybe I should nickname her "War Machine". :D

Here's a couple more shots, maybe they'll be not so yuuuuge with some of you. :p

On the front bumper, they had put on a plate holder, which I want to take off. It leaves though three holes. I looked at bumperplugs.com, but they don't have any available in my color, and a one-off is ridiculously expensive ($150?!) for plugs. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Tuning cars with auto trans for more HP sounds like your begging for problems, am I wrong?
American cars have done this for decades. On the import side, I've seen this done in Toyotas (MK IV Supra, Lexus SC300) and a few others. On that SC300, I knew a guy personally that modded it to push 1000hp, still on a stock auto transmission. There's a 700hp Stinger (by Lap3) that's daily driven and seems to have help up just fine.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
For the record everyone I was giving James a hard time in jest, I don't car how big the picture is.

That's good to hear about their stoutness. Just saw another stinger today. :)

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
^^^I have yet to see another Stinger since I got mine. Then again, I kinda like the exclusivity. :) I could count a handful of times I've seen one in the wild in a year and a half since they came out late 2017. I saw two modded ones (both GTs) following each other on the highway one day, one I parked next to at a baseball tourney out of town (it was a Premium, non-GT), a black one I saw almost weekly on my way to my old job, another black one (base, maybe Premium) near my neighborhood.

·
3,144 Posts
Geez, you sound like a young man who just bought his first Prelu....

...You know forget it. I'll let you have your moment. :eek:

Are there active forums for it? Typically every new car has a good forum presence even now when forums are going obsolete.
I joined a Civic Type-R forum just to read some stuff about their prices and found them to have a great, positive community. Reminded me of reading old PO posts.:(
(quite frankly PO had a lot more mod-talk early on than the civic place does;warranty fears...)

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Are there active forums for it?
There are two forums I came across. Stingerforums.com is pretty active, and I've been in there since just before I got my Stinger. kiastinger.org is another one. That latter forum are hosting StingerFest, which will be in St. Louis on Labor Day weekend. My concern with this one is that their community is pretty slow, almost as slow as PO these days. Details of StingerFest itself is pretty scarce even with a dedicated site for it.

Another obligatory pic. She is a bit dirty (damn rains, more tonight too), but still looks good.

·
Locksley and Bagale?
285 Posts
^^^I have yet to see another Stinger since I got mine. Then again, I kinda like the exclusivity. :) I could count a handful of times I've seen one in the wild in a year and a half since they came out late 2017. I saw two modded ones (both GTs) following each other on the highway one day, one I parked next to at a baseball tourney out of town (it was a Premium, non-GT), a black one I saw almost weekly on my way to my old job, another black one (base, maybe Premium) near my neighborhood.

Congrats, and welcome to the Stinger family! You'll see next to no other Stingers on the road, lol. I flashed a blue one the other day that flashed back. Most car-culture people know what it is but I feel like the rest of the world has no idea. There's fewer of these than Tesla Model 3s to the point where seeing Teslas is boring/routine.

Did you end up RWD or AWD? A word about AWD: there is no way to fully defeat stability control so, if shredding tires is your thing (I miss it), you may be a sad panda (I am). I'm waiting for Kia to throw the D-AWD peanuts at the aftermarket, hopefully. If that happens, I'll be picking up the LSD and programming reflash in the future.

Not sure if you're on the Stinger forums, but I lurk/post on www.kiastinger.com.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
^^^A week to a day after I haven't seen any other Stingers, I see a white one (not sure what trim) heading the other direction on a service road, then a black one (base model) parked at a Hyundai dealership (not a dealer car) within minutes of each other.

Congrats, and welcome to the Stinger family! You'll see next to no other Stingers on the road, lol. I flashed a blue one the other day that flashed back. Most car-culture people know what it is but I feel like the rest of the world has no idea. There's fewer of these than Tesla Model 3s to the point where seeing Teslas is boring/routine.

Did you end up RWD or AWD? A word about AWD: there is no way to fully defeat stability control so, if shredding tires is your thing (I miss it), you may be a sad panda (I am). I'm waiting for Kia to throw the D-AWD peanuts at the aftermarket, hopefully. If that happens, I'll be picking up the LSD and programming reflash in the future.

Not sure if you're on the Stinger forums, but I lurk/post on www.kiastinger.com.
Yeah, Teslas seem to grow on trees around here too. I feel even before the 3, I saw more Model S' than Stingers.

I did get AWD. I had my heart set to RWD (used), but then the deal on a 2019 Ceramic Silver GT1 AWD was too hard to pass up. I didn't go for a GT2 (there are two on the lot) because they weren't willing to drop down enough, and the feature differences between the GT1 and GT2 is pretty small. Many of the GT2 features that weren't in the GT1 got carried over for 2019. Back to AWD, with the unpredictable St. Louis weather in the wintertime, going with that (and a good set of winter tires) will be good. Let's cross our fingers and we get to add a few of the D-AWD niceties later this year. Not sure how true this is, but don't we get a traction advantage over the RWD from a dig? Also, though the RWD is nimbler on turns, I'd think we can power through corners with AWD.

As for Stinger forums, I am in www.kiastinger.com, but that forum seems a bit slow traffic-wise. I'm also on stingerforum.org, which is much busier. Are you going to try to come to StingerFest? It's in St. Louis this year. :)

·
Locksley and Bagale?
285 Posts
^^^A week to a day after I haven't seen any other Stingers, I see a white one (not sure what trim) heading the other direction on a service road, then a black one (base model) parked at a Hyundai dealership (not a dealer car) within minutes of each other.

Yeah, Teslas seem to grow on trees around here too. I feel even before the 3, I saw more Model S' than Stingers.

I did get AWD. I had my heart set to RWD (used), but then the deal on a 2019 Ceramic Silver GT1 AWD was too hard to pass up. I didn't go for a GT2 (there are two on the lot) because they weren't willing to drop down enough, and the feature differences between the GT1 and GT2 is pretty small. Many of the GT2 features that weren't in the GT1 got carried over for 2019. Back to AWD, with the unpredictable St. Louis weather in the wintertime, going with that (and a good set of winter tires) will be good. Let's cross our fingers and we get to add a few of the D-AWD niceties later this year. Not sure how true this is, but don't we get a traction advantage over the RWD from a dig? Also, though the RWD is nimbler on turns, I'd think we can power through corners with AWD.

As for Stinger forums, I am in www.kiastinger.com, but that forum seems a bit slow traffic-wise. I'm also on stingerforum.org, which is much busier. Are you going to try to come to StingerFest? It's in St. Louis this year. :)
I think StingerForum.org is the same as KiaStinger.com (I get redirected from the latter to the former, lol).

I seriously doubt that I'll make it to StingerFest this year. It's hard enough getting out of the house itself with a one-year old (my wife would probably not cooperate, lol).

I hear you on the AWD front. Coming from a 2SS Camaro, I didn't feel the need for it but, precious cargo in the backseat had me thinking otherwise. The Chevy SS and Giulia were primary contenders but one evaporated (and was sans AWD) while the other gave me a malfunction indicator light on the test drive :laugh:. AWD should give us an advantage at launch, from what I understand, and the cornering differences between the two are pretty close. Motor Trend felt the steering was much better with the RWD model but, honestly (and having not driven that version), I'm pretty amazed by what we have with AWD.

As for powering through corners, maybe. I think once traction breaks, the fun might slip a little. As of right now, four wheel drifts (if desired) will be difficult with open diffs and stability control that uses the ABS for torque vectoring instead of the AWD. I'm hoping that Kia steps up to the aftermarket with authorized hop-up goodies that keep warranties intact.

Nice pick up with the GT1! The 2019s are definitely the better bargain compared to the '18s.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Are you going to mod it? The rims are hideous :laugh:

But I love this thing! It's pretty common in my neck of the woods!
Yes, and the rims aren't that bad. It wasn't like the "pizza" rims that were on my Optima. :p My first mod is probably an easy one, intakes. Like to replace the exhaust too, likely Borla. Then wheels.

Edit: I will add that there could be some tuning in the future too. It doesn't take much to gain another 100 hp/lb-tq, or more.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
^^^You can get a piggyback (for under $500) from JB4 that can be adjusted, even with a phone app. There's also tuning options from Tork, LAP3, and Pressertech (they're more known for Mercedes) that go from $700 or so on up depending on what stage you want.

Nice pick up with the GT1! The 2019s are definitely the better bargain compared to the '18s.
Alot of the issues with the '18s so far (knock on wood) you don't see in the '19s. :) BTW, when you picked up your Stinger, did it come with 18"s or 19"s? I just realized that those with 18" all-seasons were speed limited to 130mph.

·
3,144 Posts
Heh you're going to have some pretty interesting drives to school or soccer practice. You're kids will tell stories of glory for years to come. :D

21 - 40 of 46 Posts