Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the wifey and I were out for the night, and while driving in the Optima, she was complaining my car feels so dated with the lack of infotainment screen, no driver aids, etc. I'm thinking to myself, "Uh, the Prelude has even less modern features...", but anywhoo. :p I then broached the subject, saying maybe I should trade the Optima in for a Stinger. Told he it has all the modern features and driver aids (which outside of blind spot monitoring, I could go either way on these nannies), plus, it's a hatch! :laugh: She then said, if you want to get it, go ahead. Ding ding ding! :D

So, now I'm looking for a Stinger, preferably the GT1 RWD or AWD in red, white, black, and Panthera Metal. So, I've been going back and forth between getting new or used/CPO. With all kinds of Kia deals, the gap between a used vs new Stinger is around $5k, maybe less. Thoughts?

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,081 Posts
Badass android auto or carplay headunits from Kenwood and Pioneer run around $500 if you wanna infotainment an existing car.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^I have looked at Crutchfield, and there's some good double DIN Android Auto/Apple CarPlay headunits in the $300 on up range, and a replacement to my console bracket thingy. I may pursue this if I don't find a deal I like on the Stinger, which brings me to...

I did read that article, and hence my talking to the wife. ;) However, they don't seem to be just giving away Stingers out here in St. Louis. Maybe if I were in California, which seems to have deals aplenty. I am checking a couple of GT1's tonight at a nearby dealership. I'll see what the Costco Auto Program gives me discount-wise, along with any Kia incentives/deals.

LOL, you keep selling me that, and I still won't bite. ;p I did peek though, and either they have too many miles, making it overpriced, or they're well into the $40k range and not close.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^Even thru CarMax, as I saw with many others, it's hovering around mid $30s, but with 40k miles or thereabouts. It must be cheaper to get 'em in the West Coast or in Nevada. :)

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sooo, I'll just call this "goodbye and hello"...

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, how are you finding it this far? Holy massive picture too batman :)
LOL, it didn't resize for you? Stinkin' Imgur. :p Well, I've only had the car for 12 hours, 7 of those sleeping. ;) I found funny that on my way to work, both a person in a Charger R/T and later one in a Camaro SS a felt threatened when I pulled up to them at a normal speed, and they just had to punch it.

I'll take more proper pictures this weekend, well, if the rain holds off.

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,830 Posts
due to the massive size of the pic.. I dont know if you got the red one or the white one.. or hell ... the pickup?

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
due to the massive size of the pic.. I dont know if you got the red one or the white one.. or hell ... the pickup?
The pics don't resize for you guys? Any pics anyone takes and posts gets resized automatically for me. :confused:

I had the red Optima, now have the Ceramic Silver Stinger.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Leave it to the Admin to screw it up, lol
No it didn't resize Mr. Tech guy

lol @ camaro and charger guys

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Leave it to the Admin to screw it up, lol
No it didn't resize Mr. Tech guy

lol @ camaro and charger guys
Alright, *tech hat on*, what browser are you seeing this on? On a Windows PC, MacOS, Linux or Chrome OS?

Yeah, I think the Camaro and Charger guys out here feel intimidated or something. I would love to tune her and get another easy 100hp/tq. :D

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Tuning cars with auto trans for more HP sounds like your begging for problems, am I wrong?

PC, Win7(4evr), Firefox

You post pictures like drunk people: completely unaware of the mechanics of taking and posting pictures, of which really beg more questions than answer.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts