Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were going to do a JDM swap to replace a bad motor/trans combo and wanted something to last you at least two years what would you choose here?

JDM 4th Gen VTEC with OEM LSD trans
JDM 5th Gen Si-R motor trans (more money not sure how much though - ~$2k?)
JDM Euro R Accord Type R combo - (same as above due to being hard to get)

Once I do which ever makes most sense what would be a wiser way to spend some additonal funds on the replacement. I have an RS*R top half with a JDM (2.0) downpipe into a custom 2.5" random cat to a Apex WS with no resonator. I also have AEM pulleys, Iceman intake and Fidanza flywheel. Would it make most sense to swap all of what I have onto the new motor but replace the tophalf/downpipe with a good 2.5" collector header or leave it alone and add a stand alone?

Basicaly if you had up to $4k to spend on a motor trans swap to replace my SH crap how would you use it to get hte most for your money?

·
i don't understand...
636 Posts
i have done a euro-r h22a swap (not the same as accord type-r thats h22a7, i just have h22a euro-r (the engine code is h22a))

i would advise against it, and if you want power to get just a jdm h22a and mod that with cams, modded IM, header, exhaust cut out what not.

also the euro-r is 4000 from hmotors when i got it 1.5 years ago, and is a little harder to install into a car then just a jdm h22a with 10.6 cr.

the h22a 10.6 cr is 2500 from them i think.

if i could redo the swapping and all that, i'd go h22a oem lsd 10.6 cr, flat valves and crower stage 2 cams with stock idle lobes, pnp head, matched IM and modded IM, and exhaust cut out (ECS) and stock exhaust. i think thats a good set up. might cost a little more, but has way more gains then euro-r.

like i can't swap my cams now, cause it'd be a waste to get a euro-r then upgrade the cams if you know what i mean.

also i don't knwo what atts feels like, but i LOVE my lsd right now, like even more then my motor. i LOVE taking turns and feeling the LSD pull me around the turns... but again i don't know what atts feels like.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I love atts but I would rather have a LSD...I still think that if money is not an option I would go with a S Spec motor and a Type R tranny w/Lsd(transfer all my mods and call it a day)

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is the JDM LSD from the 4th Gen H22 motors that are sourced for the US? It's looking like getting a 4th Gen JDM VTEC motor and LSD trans swapping what I have and maybe doing an VAFC makes the most sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts