Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I spend alot of my time down near the beach. Not on the sand, but about 2 blocks away. I have become worried about my car and rust mainly. I wash it every 3 days. And I often spray it off after im over at the beachside, at my buddies house. I have Tanabe GPM,and this is what has gotten me worried aobut this rust sh1t. And to throw something else into the equation im about to start lifeguarding. So, my car is gonna be parked near the beach alot. It is garage kept everynight and im ANAL about my cars appearance. But salt air = HeLLLLL. I was thinking about getting a car cover. I know it wont completely protect my car, but it will help. I have WW RS, will the HONDA one still fit??

With all this exposure to the elements ill have to wash/wax my car more. What is the MAX i can wax my car?? Once a month? What is the BEST WAX? IM talkin BEST, i ve heard alot of good things about FiniSH FIrst. I read in a post recently about rust proofing exhuast: Taking it off the car, sanding it with fine grit paper and putting rust prevention stuff onit and repatinting it. What is a good grit paper and the BEST rust preventer?? Sorry for the long post but I LOVE my car and dont want it to become a rust bucket or anything like that. Anything else that may rust?? Thanks for the info/tips guys.

------------------

(.Y.)
www.importheart.com
I got these Jammies.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!! Everyother week!! Your car must shine!!! Yeah you can get wax build up, but i dunno....... Jeez, maybe ill take up this sort of habit.

·
old dog w/new tricks
1,586 Posts
Don't get the Honda cover, it is little more than a dust cover. Mine was just in a light mist yesterday for awhile and when I pulled the cover off the car was wet! I know they weren't designed to deal with weather but that was ridiculous!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh, thanks alot man. I was gonna make a post about the HONDA cover. I wonder who makes a good car cover, hmm.........

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Car covers from California Car Cover are probably the best you can put your money on.
They have one for our 5th gen's for about $250 that is designed for the weather in Florida (I asked about that specifically-no garage at Tampa house). (www.calcarcover.com)

As to wax you can get all sorts of opinions-but Meguiars' will do a custom recommendation from their website.

Now the exhaust rust. Florida is not as bad about rust as it is for corrosion. But, exhausts made of plain steels will fail in less time than those that are built of stainless from end to end. There is really no way to "rustproof" what you have. You can slow it down with some hi-temp aluminum type paint.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

M

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2kLuder:
Hey guys. I spend alot of my time down near the beach. Not on the sand, but about 2 blocks away. I have become worried about my car and rust mainly. I wash it every 3 days. And I often spray it off after im over at the beachside, at my buddies house. I have Tanabe GPM,and this is what has gotten me worried aobut this rust sh1t. And to throw something else into the equation im about to start lifeguarding. So, my car is gonna be parked near the beach alot. It is garage kept everynight and im ANAL about my cars appearance. But salt air = HeLLLLL. I was thinking about getting a car cover. I know it wont completely protect my car, but it will help. I have WW RS, will the HONDA one still fit??

With all this exposure to the elements ill have to wash/wax my car more. What is the MAX i can wax my car?? Once a month? What is the BEST WAX? IM talkin BEST, i ve heard alot of good things about FiniSH FIrst. I read in a post recently about rust proofing exhuast: Taking it off the car, sanding it with fine grit paper and putting rust prevention stuff onit and repatinting it. What is a good grit paper and the BEST rust preventer?? Sorry for the long post but I LOVE my car and dont want it to become a rust bucket or anything like that. Anything else that may rust?? Thanks for the info/tips guys.

</font>
I recently got a Finish First Polish kit and the results were INCREDIBLE... my car has NEVER shined that bright.. this is the way to go dude. It was voted best polish by car and driver for a reason

------------------
Malken00
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts