Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gettin a WRX. My prelude's nice and all, but the WRX is just too tempting. Even though it may be ugly at first. Its growing on me. I'm gonna test drive one this weekend.

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ndj:
I'm gettin a WRX. My prelude's nice and all, but the WRX is just too tempting. Even though it may be ugly at first. Its growing on me. I'm gonna test drive one this weekend.</font>
Okay, you have our permission.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
That check engine light problem would have me concerned. Especially making boost.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
Hope you're not tall. I'm 6'2" and do not comfortably fit in an Impreza 4 door. When it was a 2 door car I had no problem but I need a shoehorn and axle grease to get in and out of the 4. Just some FYI.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
That check engine light problem would have me concerned. Especially making boost.</font>
Yup, so many WRX owners on i-club.com have had the CE light problem. I'd be weary of buying a new 'rex until Subaru fixes the problem--which has not even been determined to the best of my knowledge.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
where's Dr. James these days anyway?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by floundericiousFL:
you know...I've often thought...with MALKEN being an Admin...a castrated two-legged hampster with a learning disability could run this place better...</font>

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
probably at the dealer trying to diagnose his check engine light.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC:

Probably chirping through traffic with AWD
</font>

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was thinking about the WRX, but then I read that the mistsubishi lancer evo is coming late next year as a 2003 model. I'll have the prelude paid off by the end of this year, so it'll be right around the time that I could pick somehthing up. Not that I'm going to trade the prelude in. My G5 is a keeper. You might want to wait and see what change, if any, are made to next year's model. the CE light is a concern.....just my 2 cents.

------------------

1999 Prelude Type SH

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by natzdiesel:
I was thinking about the WRX, but then I read that the mistsubishi lancer evo is coming late next year as a 2003 model. I'll have the prelude paid off by the end of this year, so it'll be right around the time that I could pick somehthing up. Not that I'm going to trade the prelude in. My G5 is a keeper. You might want to wait and see what change, if any, are made to next year's model. the CE light is a concern.....just my 2 cents.

</font>

I was thinking the same, wait a year then get something different and keep my Lude as well. There is no dispute that the Lude is better looking than the WRX. I like the power aspect of the WRX but don't know if I can stand being seen in one

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
Go for the earlier shape Impreza P1, it's an awesome car...sooo much prettier than the new one.

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Did anyone notice Road and Track got a 5.7 second 0-60 from its WRX and for $23995 base price? I remember back in the day when it was only European supercars that got below 6 second 0-60.

·
Registered
282 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gLudeous:
Did anyone notice Road and Track got a 5.7 second 0-60 from its WRX and for $23995 base price? I remember back in the day when it was only European supercars that got below 6 second 0-60. </font>
sweet...5.7 seconds

i remember when the M3 Sedan came out it was the fastest production sedan...and it cost what? like $35k-$40k it did 60 in like 5.5 seconds...sure a subaru isn't a BMW but damn...that subaru is a hell of a deal...i just wish I liked the styling...but i don't

anyone notice this: the rear tail lights look like those off an echo
i dunno, maybe thats just me...but the rear looks weird...and that front....yes, that front...why'd they have to change it from the last one?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm gonna scream if I see another damn WRX thread on this board.

Fine, go buy one... just quit talking about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts