Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the subject says it all. my dads sending my JDM fogs he got from japan. im not sure if it will have everything or whatever since i heard some of u guys were missing bolts and screws or somthing.

so is there anything i should be aware of wheni get it? anyhting to check for? hints in install? any input would greatly be appreciated!

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
POWER OF THE SS BABY!
SS= Super Snail!!
There i go...
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
If there are no nuts in the package but there are bolts, take the bolts to the hardware store and buy the right nuts.....a whopping 75 cents is all you need to buy them. After that you should be fine. Oh removing the cruise/roof panel can be hard at first......take your time if it doesn't come out right away.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
definitely get some extra nuts and bolts and washers. The kit come with only bolts but no nuts to secure it.WTF??? If you need instructions go to www.vtec.net

------------------
RIP Dale #3

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just installed the JDM Fogs this past weekend. Took me about 45 mins. Its a fairly easy install. Take a look ta Spocko's instructions, they're fantastic..Thanks Spocko!
http://honda-acura.net/forum/Archives/Archive-000004/HTML/20010421-20-010150.html

You can also just leave the switch on and hide it behind the left switch panel, so you dont have to replace ur cruise or the light dimmer switch.

I have a question though, for those of your w/ aftermarket alarms. The JDM fogs, one of the brown plugs plugs into the the #2 socket in the fuse panel. But a wire from my alarm goes into there.

The JDM fogs wont work in another socket, so i took the alarm wire out and now my alarm doesnt make my lights light up, ie. when engaging the alarm, the brake lights dont blink, when alarm goes off, lights dont flash/blink. Did this happen to any1 else? Im thinking about tapping the alarm wire into the brown jdm fog wire.

-Tony

------------------
98' Diamond White Type SH:
RS*R Down Springs, Tanabe G-Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Strut Bar, APEX-i VAFC, JDM Fogs, 18" RH Evos D6000, OEM Front Lip (On its way)

[This message has been edited by TcT118 (edited May 02, 2001).]

·
Registered
997 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TcT118:
I have a question though, for those of your w/ aftermarket alarms. The JDM fogs, one of the brown plugs plugs into the the #2 socket in the fuse panel. But a wire from my alarm goes into there.

The JDM fogs wont work in another socket, so i took the alarm wire out and now my alarm doesnt make my lights light up, ie. when engaging the alarm, the brake lights dont blink, when alarm goes off, lights dont flash/blink. Did this happen to any1 else? Im thinking about tapping the alarm wire into the brown jdm fog wire.

-Tony

</font>
Just tap it...thats what i did. However, i don't like the fact that the fogs blink w/the alarm so u gotta remember to turn them off. I dunno if this is detrimental to the H3c's.

REMEMBER TO GROUND THE FOGS PROPERLY. THERE IS 2 COATS OF PAINT ON THE CENTER BRACE.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Yup my fogs blink with the alarm, but I don't give a crap.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool, spockos write up is going to be very useful when i get it
any other inputs r all welcome!

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Yup my fogs blink with the alarm, but I don't give a crap.

</font>
me neither... in fact.. i like it blink with the alarm..

·
Registered
838 Posts
Guys, here's one tip for removing the switch case holder. I know you guys use screwdriver and shop towel to pry it out. All i did was, put your whole hand in the empty slot, shake it a little bit and yank it out. Came off easily.. And don't have to worry about scratches.

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

1 - 9 of 9 Posts