Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this could be in the detailing sector, but it could also be here. More traffic.

Well, today, I was stupid enough to leave a can of soda in my car; it was somewhat hot today.

The can exploded and got soda all over the passenger REAR seat. It also splattered some on the quarter panle/armrest thing, and a few drops on the headliner. It could have been worse. :(

However, I've never been much of an interior cleaning guru, so I could use a few pointers on good ways to clean it, however, I DO NOT want to have to remove ANYTHING from the car. Is this possible? Any tips?

I already feel like a dunce, try not to rub it in.:laugh:

Thank you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah go rent a Rug Doctor at the grocery store. I was able to remove a couple pints of day old blood out of my light grey seats,carpet,and everything else in between. Couldn't even notice the stains.;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I own a detail company, try to use Simple Green if you can find that in any stores around you. Its good stuff and its non toxic so it wont dry out your vinyl or other upholstery areas. Soda is a B**** tho so it is gonna take some work.

·
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, thanks guys. I've also heard some good stuff about that simple green. I'll see if I can't find some.

Damn, if soda is as notorious as you guys said it is, than this was a BIG mistake leaving it in there.

Thanks a lot again, everyone! Any comments appreciated.

·
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welp, it's time for the once a year $100 full car professional detailing...
Yeah, no ****. I don't feel like spending that money though. I just got a wet rag and scrubbed everything down, and so-far, it actually worked, although I know you inerior-pro's will say that I didn't really do anything to help. at least it seemed like I did, nothing is sticky anymore...:p

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah go rent a Rug Doctor at the grocery store. I was able to remove a couple pints of day old blood out of my light grey seats,carpet,and everything else in between. Couldn't even notice the stains.;)
werd.

EDIT: Wait..blood? lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
wow, thanks guys. I've also heard some good stuff about that simple green. I'll see if I can't find some.

Damn, if soda is as notorious as you guys said it is, than this was a BIG mistake leaving it in there.

Thanks a lot again, everyone! Any comments appreciated.
lol nice notorious BIG pun hahaha... i think im the only one that got that sadly lol :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts