Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around to get service for my Prelude. Anyone in the Chicago area have any good/bad experiences with Schaumburg Honda? How about Motor Werks in Barrington?

Shaumburg has a more comprehensive 45K service, but charges $350.00 (hell, they want $325 for a tune up and wires are extra)

MWoB says $199.00 but leaves a few things out (valve/belt adjustments, cooling system flush)

Any input appreciated......

Thanks,

Mark

------------------
1997 Base Prelude (euc green)

Mods:

None.... Can't seem to stay out of trouble as it is......

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
i haven't tried Schaumburg Honda, but i don't really like *any* dealerships in schaumburg... i used to go to Pauly Honda in Libertyville, the price there is pretty good *BUT* you have to wait FOREVER to get your stuff done. an oil change would take like an hour, while the shock knock fix took them 3 hours. The waiting room is very small and the TV was constantly showing soap operas (people are reluctant to switch channels since the lady at the cashier seems to enjoy the shows)... if you go there, try NOT to talk to Emily at the service desk cause she doesn't really know what she's talking about. HTH.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
I like to rub my nipples while watching the shopping channel </font>

·
Registered
414 Posts
DON'T GO TO CRYSTAL LAKE HONDA. They messed up my transmission. Ever since I have had all services done at Motor Werks. They seem to do a good job and they are reasonably priced. Schaumburg has a couple of really good technicians as well, so I would say either of those two. Pauly is also supposed to be ok. Go to which ever is closest to you of those three.

Most scheduled maintenance is dictated by the car, not the dealer. Follow your owners manual. Hope this helped.

------------------

·
Registered
330 Posts
DO NOT go to Castle Honda in Morton Grove. I have 3 friends who have gotten their cars serviced there and have had major problems because of faulty work. I have never gone to Schaumburg Honda, but I have heard that they are pretty good. Make sure you stay away from Castle Honda.

------------------

1999 Prelude Type SH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts