Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I had some of you guys tell me that a failed ignition switch caused your car to cut out while it was driving. Well, my car has the JR supercharger and I think it might be a bad connection from their EMS but I heard it could be the ignition switch. My car shuts off when I'm driving, and after it shuts off it turns right back on due to the engine still moving due to the car's speed. Afterwards I get what sounds like a backfire and it surges back on. It has steadily gotten worse and the other day it wouldnt even start. Well I got it to start but when i drove it it shut off right down the road. I am very worried it might be something more difficult, but does the people with ignition switch problems experience something like this.
--oh yea, when it cuts off the tach needle imediately jumps down to zero, and then the engine moving starts it back up (this is because it is in gear and moving at a certain speed. Also it happenbs in all gears and it has steadily gotten much worse to the point of constantly turning off then starting back up with a backfire while moving. Please help if you got any REAL info or experienced this or didnt when your ignition switch went bad. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, the ignition has 2 constant wires and 1 starter wire, so there is possibility for either one of those to cause a problem by shorting to ground or something.

Tell me if im wrong on this guys.. but thats what my understanding is on the prelude ignition.

-Cyberhide

·
Registered
39 Posts
IGNITION SWITCH. RECALL. this is a well documented problem and was a recall. Mine was replaced by PO but failed again. caused me a number of near misses and was dangerous. car would just die. replaced the switch..no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts